Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't edit post

Options
  • 12-04-2015 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I can't edit or delete posts even immediately after I post.

I can click the edit post button, but it brings me to a blank screen, with seemingly the correct address in the address bar. I'm using Chrome if that helps.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

50 posts and 10 ten days membership is the minimum for being able to do a lot on this site. E.G. edit posts,post links.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

eeguy wrote: »
    Hi,

I can't edit or delete posts even immediately after I post.

I can click the edit post button, but it brings me to a blank screen, with seemingly the correct address in the address bar. I'm using Chrome if that helps.
    This is a known issue and is being looked at by the boards.ie technical wizards.

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

I'm having this problem too, on Chrome. I can edit in Safari, but not in Chrome. (and I disabled my AdBlocker too.)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭When the Sun Hits

I'm having the same issue. Is it related to me being a new user?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

I'm having the same issue. Is it related to me being a new user?

Thanks.

Yes. Less than 50 posts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Yes. Less than 50 posts.

It was reduced to 20 or 25 the other day.

It was reduced to 20 or 25 the other day.

where'd you see this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dav said so Tuesday of last week.

Spear wrote: »
    Dav said so Tuesday of last week.

Ah that's grand then :rolleyes:

25 posts and having the same issue. It goes to a white screen. There is no message saying it's due to being a new user. I think it could be a technical issue.

• Advertisement

25 posts and having the same issue. It goes to a white screen. There is no message saying it's due to being a new user. I think it could be a technical issue.

Yes, it's a technical issue, I experienced it myself last month when a new member, until I reached the required 50 posts.

No message related to it being a new user, as it's a fault, and as per Shield's post above ' is being looked at by the boards.ie technical wizards.'

There's been a few other posts asking the same thing, including mine when I was a new user: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94881406

You need to be at least 10 days old and at least 50 posts.

Edit: to be clarify 'your account' needs to be least 10 days old, but you personally :P

Yes, it's a technical issue, I experienced it myself last month when a new member, until I reached the required 50 posts.

No message related to it being a new user, as it's a fault, and as per Shield's post above ' is being looked at by the boards.ie technical wizards.'

Okay, thanks. I'll just have to wait it out.

Advertisement