Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New road shoes required....

• 13-04-2015 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

My pair of Spiuk Brios need replacing, the microbuckle on the right side has packed in.
    Can anyone recommend a pair of shoes to replace them with?
    I use look keo pedals, so must be compatible with them.

Liked the Spiuk's but a bit disappointed that I only got 2 years from them, tho maybe that's a bit harsh!
    Budget is about €150, would rather not go above that if possible. Would like to try that boa type microadjuster, but not sure if my budget allows?

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 willyou

If you wanted to keep them the microbuckles are replaceable on these shoes. I got mine in ukbikestore. It is listed as Spiuk - Micrometric Shoe Buckle Kit if your searching as cant post a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

you wouldn't go too wrong with Sidi shoes. I have these and are a lovely shoe:
    http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;search=sidi+genius;menu=1000%2C18%2C154;product=44510

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

willyou wrote: »
    If you wanted to keep them the microbuckles are replaceable on these shoes. I got mine in ukbikestore. It is listed as Spiuk - Micrometric Shoe Buckle Kit if your searching as cant post a link.
    Nice one, actually wasnt aware of that, fair play!
    thekooman wrote: »
    http://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;navigation=1;search=sidi+genius;menu=1000%2C18%2C154;product=44510

Cheers mate. As a motorcyclist, I know of sidi and how good they are. Only at the cycling 3 years and used a borrowed pair for the first year, so these Spiuks are my first proper cycling shoe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

I just splashed out on a pair of Diadora Vortex Racer shoes from CRC. Pretty good price (€134), though CRC is probably being generous with itself in how much of a discount they are (claimed 60%) I've been out for two spins in them, so far so good. I reckon they would be good shoes for hot weather as the venting seems decent. They would also suit someone with wide feet-I think they are the most comfortable out-of-the-box shoes I've had for the bike and I have awkward feet. They have a Boa thingie for tightening the top of the shoe which works really well (having not used this system before). They are also incredibly good for walking in thanks to a new pair of cleats but also the rubber thing on the heel. Overall, another one for you to consider I'd say, and under budget as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

thekooman wrote: »

I have a pair of these. Lovely shoe, very comfortable, good stiff sole, hard wearing. Can't think of any negatives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭novarapid

be careful that you know your correct size! postage to return a pair of shoes to the uk is around €20. parcel motel is €15. If anyone knows a cheaper method let me know.

Thanks for the advice all!

Looking at the following (a bit above my original budget!):

http://www.probikekit.co.uk/sports-footwear/spiuk-zs15rc-cycling-road-shoes-green/11036750.html?shippingcountry=IE
    Cos the match my bike, sad I know! (2013 Giant Defy 1 in green/grey)
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/fizik-r5b-road-shoes-2015/rp-prod132504
    Look very cool. Have the boa closure system. Bit dearer than the Spiuk tho.

Thoughts/opinions?

Benefit of the Spiuk would be that I would be far safer with the size having already had a pair. Anyone doing Fizik shoes here where I might try a pair on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

If you go for the Fiziks, be careful with the sizing.
    There was a thread on here about them a while ago.

Koobcam wrote: »
    I just splashed out on a pair of Diadora Vortex Racer shoes from CRC. Pretty good price (€134), though CRC is probably being generous with itself in how much of a discount they are (claimed 60%) I've been out for two spins in them, so far so good. I reckon they would be good shoes for hot weather as the venting seems decent. They would also suit someone with wide feet-I think they are the most comfortable out-of-the-box shoes I've had for the bike and I have awkward feet. They have a Boa thingie for tightening the top of the shoe which works really well (having not used this system before). They are also incredibly good for walking in thanks to a new pair of cleats but also the rubber thing on the heel. Overall, another one for you to consider I'd say, and under budget as well.
    Eamonnator wrote: »
    If you go for the Fiziks, be careful with the sizing.
    There was a thread on here about them a while ago.
    Cheers, wont be unless I can try a pair on somewhere.
    They do look bloody cool tho!

Advertisement