Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan application from abroad?

Options
  • 13-04-2015 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I want to inquire about a personal loan but my situation is difficult for the following reason: I am currently on academic exchange at the University of Washington, Seattle and so I am not sure if the fact that I could not call in to a BOI branch in person would mean I cannot successfully apply.

The loan would be for €2000. I plan to go to Canada to work for the summer and the money is required as proof of funds upon entry. I would not actually need the money for spending as I will ideally have a job which will cover my living costs. The loan is simply needed because entry to Canada with the particular visa is only granted on the condition that you have $2500 CAD in your bank account.

My question is: is there any point applying for a loan in my situation, or will it certainly be rejected due to my not being in the country? Being a student it would probably be a student loan that I would apply for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

johnf1004 wrote: »
    I want to inquire about a personal loan but my situation is difficult for the following reason: I am currently on academic exchange at the University of Washington, Seattle and so I am not sure if the fact that I could not call in to a BOI branch in person would mean I cannot successfully apply.

The loan would be for €2000. I plan to go to Canada to work for the summer and the money is required as proof of funds upon entry. I would not actually need the money for spending as I will ideally have a job which will cover my living costs. The loan is simply needed because entry to Canada with the particular visa is only granted on the condition that you have $2500 CAD in your bank account.

My question is: is there any point applying for a loan in my situation, or will it certainly be rejected due to my not being in the country? Being a student it would probably be a student loan that I would apply for.
    Hi johnf1004,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

To apply for a student loan you would need to contact your branch and discuss this with an adviser, contact details for our branches can be found here.

You can get some more information on student loans here.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement