Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck In A Rut

• 13-04-2015 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I'm in a bit of a weird situation. Basically I have been playing football and going to the gym and find myself with toned legs and arms, not a pick of fat on them but I still am fat around the hip (seems to be the gathering point) and chest areas.
    I eat clean and don't consume too many calories. In fact I probably eat under what I require.
    My question is, I know you can't lose fat in just one area but more so how do I lose it without restricting calories anymore? Anybody ever been in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭shannonman81

You'll get better advice than I can give you..but i was like you. But since I started paying attention to what I was doing in the gym rather than just going in doing random exercises I have seen a big change.

What are you doing in the gym? do you follow a program?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

We were given a gym program by a S&C lad for our GAA club. To be honest it isn't the best, even I can tell that by looking at it but went with it anyway. Is there any "good" program I could follow? I know it comes down to if you stay with it and eat proper but I still want a program that allows for functional movement but won't cripple me when I have training the next day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,637 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I know you say you eat well but do you have any idea how much you're eating, i.e. are you tracking it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's pretty common to naturally carry a bit more fat on your trunk than your extremities. Even if it's a higher than normal ratio, it's probably not nearly as extreme as you imagine.

If it really bothered you a dexa scan would should you exact bf% for diffetent areas, bury either way the solution is the same. Tighten up your diet.

Today for example

Small bowl of oatmeal
    BSN Syntha 6 shake
    Portion of chicken, brocolli, sweet potato
    Banana
    Centra packet mixed nuts
    Shake again

That is my food for today and I have training later on.
    This is how I eat nearly every day so is this the problem? Sometimes I might have another portion of chicken and sweet potato

• Advertisement

Plug it into MyFitnessPal. Difficult to know without the quantities. The two shakes and bag of mixed nuts are 720 kcals.

But it doesn't look like it's going to be over anyway.

Tried using the MyFitnessPal but my phone (iPhone 4) is a piece of siht.
    I have lost a small bit of weight in the last 2 months but not as much as I really should have.
    Anybody have a good gym program also as at the moment our one is a bit crap.

9bred4 wrote: »
    Anybody have a good gym program also as at the moment our one is a bit crap.

What do you want from a gym program?

I don't want to get massive (yet, will wait for offseason) but rather exercises for functional movement and sports. The likes of stronglifts and starting strength wouldn't suit me really at this stage of the year.

9bred4 wrote: »
    I don't want to get massive (yet, will wait for offseason) but rather exercises for functional movement and sports. The likes of stronglifts and starting strength wouldn't suit me really at this stage of the year.

So what exercises do you want it based around?

• Advertisement

So what exercises do you want it based around?

Well like I don't mind the compound lifts, I'm quite a fan of the Barbell! Are they suitable workout plans for in-season? I just assumed they were more of off-season. If not I will do one of them

Advertisement