Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sort Code on new account is different to current personal account in same branch?

Options
  • 13-04-2015 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭

Hi, I recently opened a new joint account in the same branch that my current account is held but the sort code linked to it is different to that of my current account and the sort code listed for the branch, should I use the new different NSC or keep the NSC that is attached to the branch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Jerrica wrote: »
    Hi, I recently opened a new joint account in the same branch that my current account is held but the sort code linked to it is different to that of my current account and the sort code listed for the branch, should I use the new different NSC or keep the NSC that is attached to the branch?
    Hi Jerrica,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

This can happen if the branch where you had opened your sole account originally has since been moved to a different branch. If you let me know the branch and both of the sort codes I can confirm if this is the case.

You should use the sort code that was supplied with the new joint account number. The sort code will  be displayed on your bank statement, ATM card and cheque book if you have one.

Alternatively, if you call 0818365365 one of our representatives will be able to confirm the correct sort code for each account.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Thanks Nicola, I just called and they explained that it's a sub-office NSC, I was just wary of using it when it's different to the one I've always used for that branch. Thanks for the help. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Jerrica wrote: »
    Thanks Nicola, I just called and they explained that it's a sub-office NSC, I was just wary of using it when it's different to the one I've always used for that branch. Thanks for the help. 
    You’re welcome Jerrica, glad to hear that you got it sorted out. Get in touch again if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement