Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre Carnmore/Cregmore Galway area

Options
  • 13-04-2015 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

I checked the eFibre map earlier today and noticed that eFibre is being deployed in a number of areas around the country between April-June '15. Is it possible to get a date that eFibre will be turned on in my area during that time or will I have to wait for Eircom to contact me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

TheSegal wrote: »
    I checked the eFibre map earlier today and noticed that eFibre is being deployed in a number of areas around the country between April-June '15. Is it possible to get a date that eFibre will be turned on in my area during that time or will I have to wait for Eircom to contact me?
    Hi The Segal

The roll-out of efibe is based on the deployment and launch of efibre cabinets (VDSL cabinets in technical terms) serving a set route of up to 2KM rather than normal broadband which serves all lines connected to the exchange within an approximate 5km radius.

However I can confirm that your line is directly fed from the exchange (meaning no cabinet is in play). At present works are ongoing to provide efibre to lines in your situation with efibre by providing exchange based efibre - the "cabinet" located at the exchange is called CGM1_E01

The following Map will give you some more insight on the plans for cabinets in your area: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ You will find a tool to calculate distance on the map (from your house to CGM1_E01) - please rememver the maximum range is 2KM

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Hi The Segal

The roll-out of efibe is based on the deployment and launch of efibre cabinets (VDSL cabinets in technical terms) serving a set route of up to 2KM rather than normal broadband which serves all lines connected to the exchange within an approximate 5km radius.

However I can confirm that your line is directly fed from the exchange (meaning no cabinet is in play). At present works are ongoing to provide efibre to lines in your situation with efibre by providing exchange based efibre - the "cabinet" located at the exchange is called CGM1_E01

The following Map will give you some more insight on the plans for cabinets in your area: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ You will find a tool to calculate distance on the map (from your house to CGM1_E01) - please rememver the maximum range is 2KM

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for the quick reply Alan. I checked the map there and i'm 1.9km from the exchange planned on the Monivea Rd passing through Carnmore CAM1_EO1. I'm 2.5km from the CGM1_EO1 box. Will a distance of 1.9km drastically effect the speed of the connection? 

Hi The Segal

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks for the quick reply Alan. I checked the map there and i'm 1.9km from the exchange planned on the Monivea Rd passing through Carnmore CAM1_EO1. I'm 2.5km from the CGM1_EO1 box. Will a distance of 1.9km drastically effect the speed of the connection? 

1.9Km would have a large impact TheSegal

In a lot of cases where lines are further than 1.5Km most do not even qualify for efibre - basically because lines are not laid in direct sight (not as the crow flies) of the cabinets or exchange. If efibre does in fact reach the max speed will be around 8Mb.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

Thanks for the reply Alan. Bit of a false advertisement from Eircom, why say 2km if it's really 1.5km. Is there any other plans for exchanges around the area or is the CGM1_01 and CAM1_EO1 the only exchanges that are going to be located for the next few years?

Thanks for the reply Alan. Bit of a false advertisement from Eircom, why say 2km if it's really 1.5km. Is there any other plans for exchanges around the area or is the CGM1_01 and CAM1_EO1 the only exchanges that are going to be located for the next few years?
    I'm sorry I can't offer better news TheSegal

I can confirm that distance from the cabinet is not discussed or advised in advertising eFibre and ultimately eircom cannot ever guarantee eFibre until up and running for you.

CGM1_01 and CAM1_EO1 are the only cabs planned at present and for the foreseeable future although news plans should be available to view next year.

I'm genuinely sorry I can't do more for you

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement