Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have a faulty tamper switch I think, need some help.

Options
  • 13-04-2015 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hi,

I have one of these alarm systems (see pic below)

Every so often, sometimes only twice a day, sometimes 2 or 3 times an hour, the box will start beeping and the alarm LED will light (and sometimes the fault LED too). When I enter my code, it says:

Tamper - T3 Doors and Sns.

I opened the main box where the PCB is and it looks like T3 includes both bedrooms and I'm thinking that one of the tamper switches is faulty in those rooms. There's 4 switches in these rooms, two on windows and two on exterior doors.

Is it possible to disconnect this tamper from the PCB and fool it into thinking things are fine? Or find which tamper is giving the problem?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne.

sRB7A2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Have you any junction boxes along with the sensors on zone 3 ? I wouldn't permanently bypass any tampers. Have you checked all the lids on the sensors in these zones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

The fault LED is now constantly lit and it says that T3 has an open tamper sensor. All doors and windows are closed in the rooms. I slammed each one shut to make sure but it didn't change the LED status.

There is a small junction box in the small bedroom. I opened it and all connections look secure. I tightened them nonetheless. I also checked the sensors in all the rooms but I can't see anything obvious wrong there. I think I'll need someone to take a look at it.

For the meantime, can I use something like a paper clip to close the zone 3 circuit at the main PCB or is it more complicated than this? I can see where the wires from those sensors are connecting at the bottom. Seems to be 4 wires for each zone. I guess two are for power and 2 are the open/close switch circuit. I don't know much about alarm systems so I'm only guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Yeah put a link in the tamper slots. Best get someone out to take a look it sounds like a loose connection.

Advertisement