Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yeast./Bread

Options
  • 13-04-2015 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi

I have two questions: is there a bread making forum ? Does anyone know where I can buy real yeast by mail order i.e. not dried ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Our breadmaking megathread is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056972721

If you post your question in there, hopefully some of the bread bakers will be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭flynnboy

Thank you !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

You will get fresh yeast in any of the Polish shops and probably other nationalities too but I buy it in a local Polish place. In the cold cabinet near the butters etc, little pack called Drozdze, about half the size of a half pound of butter.

phormium wrote: »
    You will get fresh yeast in any of the Polish shops and probably other nationalities too but I buy it in a local Polish place. In the cold cabinet near the butters etc, little pack called Drozdze, about half the size of a half pound of butter.

No Polish shops in Donegal town, yet....

Really! I thought there was one everywhere at this stage :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

flynnboy wrote: »
    No Polish shops in Donegal town, yet....

Looks like there might be!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Polski-sklep-Donegal-Town-Your-Delicatessen

That is interesting MissF, the link doesn't work unfortunately. Could you tell me how I can find it ?

Thanks !

Wow, thanks MissF I have just found a Polish shop in Donegal Town I never knew was there ?

I told you! They are everywhere! Great shops too, do a good range of flour for baking, lots of different types that we don't have a direct comparison for here. Great for cherry jam and all sorts of cherry things if you like them.

Advertisement