Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juvenile GAA Registration

• 13-04-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi , I have a 14 & 12 year old and there registration fee is €32 each .
    Anyone think this is a bit much or is it the going rate ?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

depends on what ya get for it

how many teams they can play etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Seems reasonable to me. Most gaa clubs have very good facilities these days as well as decent coaches. Most other activities kids go to these days require a fee per visit e.g €10 for every gymnastics class etc so I think it sounds good value. Does the club offer family membership as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I cannot read the amount per child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Fatswaldo

I cant read the amount per child either but for comparison our GAA club charges Juveniles €40 per year or its €100 family membership. Superb value. for what my boys get out of it, id happily pay double.

Two sessions each, football & Hurling each week with a game most weeks from March to September and beyond if they reach the latter stages. The social aspect is really important - ours is a rural community and the GAA park is the place to be in the summer evenings, theres always a game to see or even for a puck about. Best value in town

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Aake

Sorry it's €32 per child

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

im guessing that a euro sign in some parallel universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Ours is a tenner per child. 40 for a playing adult and 20 for a non-playing adult. The juveniles get at least 2 training sessions a week and have a good shout at winning divisional championships at A grade level in Tipperary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

10 for a child or 20 for an adult and however many children they have. But we are just a football club. There is a separate hurling club costing 20 per child or 35 for family

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Aake

What kind of guitar would I get for a 10 year old girl to learn how to play .
    What kind of money would it cost ?

Aake wrote: »
    What kind of guitar would I get for a 10 year old girl to learn how to play .
    What kind of money would it cost ?

or golf clubs
    and membership, and lessons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

My sister was on about how cheap the Cul Camps were (€55 for the first child and €45 for a 2nd) in comparison to paying a child-minder/baby-sitter in terms of per-hour.

The camps run 10 to 2:30 so it works out at less than €2.50 a hour (plus they get a kitbag, a jersey and a training top)

I'd imagine if you broke down the juvenile registration fee in terms of a comparison to the amount of hours at training/games versus the cost of a child-minder it would look even better in terms of a value proposition.

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    My sister was on about how cheap the Cul Camps were (€55 for the first child and €45 for a 2nd) in comparison to paying a child-minder/baby-sitter in terms of per-hour.

The camps run 10 to 2:30 so it works out at less than €2.50 a hour (plus they get a kitbag, a jersey and a training top)

I'd imagine if you broke down the juvenile registration fee in terms of a comparison to the amount of hours at training/games versus the cost of a child-minder it would look even better in terms of a value proposition.

Our membership is €20 per child
    so works out at 63c per training session, running from March to September

• Registered Users Posts: 35 premiertipp

We pay 40 for hurling and 50 for Gaelic...150 for soccer...only one child so I don't know what family rates there are...32 er for both sounds great value. (Tipp family in Kildare)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

32 euro sound extremely cheap for what you get out of it.
    I haven't seen the going rates for juvenile registration in quite a while, but I'm actually amazed it is so cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Our membership is €20 per child
    so works out at 63c per training session, running from March to September

The Grab All Association alive and well;)

Advertisement