Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband dropping

Options
  • 13-04-2015 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi folks,

My Eircom eFibre Advanced (Unlimited) broadband connection is dropping almost everyday.

Once I switch on and off the router it returns but at times it can be inconvenient to keep doing this.

Can you offer any assistance please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi folks,

My Eircom eFibre Advanced (Unlimited) broadband connection is dropping almost everyday.

Once I switch on and off the router it returns but at times it can be inconvenient to keep doing this.

Hi Michael8000

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will be happy to look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Michael8000

Hi folks,

Hi Michael8000

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will be happy to look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

How long should I expect to be waiting for an initial response to a PM?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi folks,

Hi Michael8000

Thanks
    Al
    Hi,

How long should I expect to be waiting for an initial response to a PM?

Thanks.
    Hi Michael8000

I've looked in this and I see that there does indeed an issue with the line itself. My test results indicate that there is a fault located externally on the line and this is most likely the cause of the difficulties you are experiencing.

I have discussed my findings with our technical support department who can log this to be escalated to engineers to be repaired however they have advised me to ask you to contact them to report this as they will need to do some tests with you in real time

You can contact technical support on 1890260260 or on WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow.

Once the issue is logged for engineers you will receive a reference number and the average timeframe for a full resolution can take up to four working days however please also feel free to PM me the reference number and I will add urgency to the case.

thanks

- Al

Advertisement