Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered Gas Fitter

• 13-04-2015 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Hi - I'm in Bray and looking for a registered gas fitter in the area to fit a gas hob for me. I'm not having much luck finding someone so far (like all our building work really!). I advertised online but got no responses.

If anyone has any recommendations I'd love a pm with details.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Try here, http://www.rgii.ie/support/find-a-gas-installer.100.html

You can search by County, and then narrow it down to the locality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Yep, I've looked there and ticked the box for appliance fitting in my search to filter it down. I made a few calls but any of the fitters I spoke to said they only do boiler services now! One did recommend someone who does fit appliances so I'm going to try him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Woshy wrote: »
    Yep, I've looked there and ticked the box for appliance fitting in my search to filter it down. I made a few calls but any of the fitters I spoke to said they only do boiler services now! One did recommend someone who does fit appliances so I'm going to try him anyway.

Amazing how hard it is to get someone to do some work for you. Hopefully you'll get sorted soon.

Thanks - it's really been the most frustrating experience. We're trying to get a few things done to the house and are having the worst luck. I have money sitting there waiting to give to someone to do it and it seems like they just don't want the work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

Woshy wrote: »
    Thanks - it's really been the most frustrating experience. We're trying to get a few things done to the house and are having the worst luck. I have money sitting there waiting to give to someone to do it and it seems like they just don't want the work!

Hey there .. Fan of boards and a tradesman .,will pm you a rgi installer and local with a can do and will do attitude ... I have used him on many projects .
    D-d

• Advertisement

Thanks for the pms I received - got some good contacts and will be calling around today :)

I'm 8 months pregnant and everything was supposed to be done by now so anything I can get ticked off the list is good. Looks likeIi will be bringing a newborn home to a house in chaos with renovations etc at this stage!

Advertisement