Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best late bars in Kilkenny.

Options
  • 13-04-2015 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Heading to Kilkenny this weekend with a bunch of 40-plus year old men. I know Kilkenny pretty well but I'm just wondering where is the best late bar at the end of the night for this age group? Langtons will be the destination on Saturday nighty so preferably somewhere else on the Friday night.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

River court, Matt the millers, Tynans or Ryan's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

^^^^^
    Thanks for this; much appreciated. Tynan's is a lovely bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Are Tynan's / Ryans late bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Not "officially" :-)

Can I assume that most of the livelier bars late on will be full of a younger crowd? I'm not in the humour for younger girleens being attracted to my older West Cork machismo.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

What bars are late bars on a Friday and Saturday night?

I don't think there's a lot of choice is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Callanutd

Langtons, Matts, Hibernian, City Bar these are probably your best bet for "official" late bars on Friday.

Callanutd wrote: »
    Langtons, Matts, Hibernian, City Bar these are probably your best bet for "official" late bars on Friday.

Cheers. We're well used to flexible closing hours down here in West Cork; we intend to gravitate towards the (hopefully) livelier spots this weekend.

The Peanut wrote: »
    Hi all,

Heading to Kilkenny this weekend with a bunch of 40-plus year old men.
    Many thanks.
    I'm not in the humour for younger girleens being attracted to my older West Cork machismo.:D

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! You'll be driving the mature women of KK into a tizzy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

Saturday night in the marble city bar is supposed to be very good for the "fortysomethings" DJ playing all 80's music and a bit of finger food on the tables. Ryan's would be my first choice as a forty something bloke, good music, no messing/fights/slobbering eejits and they frown on stag and hen parties most of the time.

• Advertisement

inthehat wrote: »
    Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! You'll be driving the mature women of KK into a tizzy :D

I'll make sure to wear a Cork jersey to negate the impulses of the poor KK girls.

I'm actually from Tipp originally but that could get me run out of the place. ;)

Comerman wrote: »
    Saturday night in the marble city bar is supposed to be very good for the "fortysomethings" DJ playing all 80's music and a bit of finger food on the tables. Ryan's would be my first choice as a forty something bloke, good music, no messing/fights/slobbering eejits and they frown on stag and hen parties most of the time.

Great to hear; thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Sorry Peanut, ya fecked up badly as this is traditionally the antiCork weekend festival in Kilkenny.

catbear wrote: »
    Sorry Peanut, ya fecked up badly as this is traditionally the antiCork weekend festival in Kilkenny.

Thought this weekend anyone from Cork, Dublin, Tipp or Waterford would be on the wanted list. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭nootroc

Thought this weekend anyone from Cork, Dublin, Tipp or Waterford would be on the wanted list. ;)

Thank them for the 'use of the hall'

Advertisement