Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a new customer and need to set up account.

Options
  • 13-04-2015 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I have an ESB serial number and meter reading for day and night. How do I go about setting up at an account online without a bill? If I can't set up an account online, which number should I be ringing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi gunghopete,

Thanks for your interest in registering with Electric Ireland.

The meter point reference number (MPRN) for electricity is needed to register a customer's account. This is only found on bills and letters, so if you cannot obtain it, the serial number on the meter (with "RM") can be used to search for the MPRN.

We can register you here on Boards.ie by private message if you wish. Just also confirm your address in full, telephone number, email address and date of birth. For a new customer (with Electric Ireland less than 14 months) the security deposit of €300 is applicable (refunded after the customer is with Electric Ireland a total of 14 months and with no overdue balance). Paying by direct debit eliminates the requirement to pay the security deposit.

If you are setting up direct debit, for security we cannot take bank details by private message here on Boards.ie, but once we register the Electric Ireland account for you, call our Sales team to set up your direct debit (for which you can also avail of a discount) - 1850 30 50 90.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement