Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for covering concrete post and rail fence

• 13-04-2015 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am coming to the finishing points of landscaping a new garden (new build). The remaining thing i have to do is plant along an elevated post and rail concrete fence that is along the border with another house. It is elevated in that it sits on top of a sort of natrual mound of that runs linearly as the divide between the 2 sites. Roughly half of the length of the fence is exposed to south westerlies (located in midlands although 105m asl). What i want in 5+ years time is for the fence to be completely covered in an evergreen creeper type plant that will flower in a strong colour and whose growth will not be restricted to sticking tightly to the shape of the fence, i.e.: it would thicken out say at least 6" each side of the post and rail fence. I will put up chicken wire if required to support the growth but i'm struggling badly to identify something suitable that is fairly wind resistnat and obviously can handle frost fairly well.
    Any ideas ?!
    Thanks

Advertisement