Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email on mobiles-etiquette

Options
  • 13-04-2015 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭

I know a lot of people get emails on their phones and the phones bleep or ding to let the user know.

Up until now I send emails without this is mind and just think it goes into an inbox they'll check at some point. I also have to email people in dry different time zones and it hasn't occurred to me their phone might be bleeping at 4am their time.

In this day and age are emails now like texts ? Where you have to consider the time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

zeffabelli wrote: »
    I know a lot of people get emails on their phones and the phones bleep or ding to let the user know.

Up until now I send emails without this is mind and just think it goes into an inbox they'll check at some point. I also have to email people in dry different time zones and it hasn't occurred to me their phone might be bleeping at 4am their time.

In this day and age are emails now like texts ? Where you have to consider the time?

The person has the option of switching their phone off or putting it in do not disturb mode. It's not really the senders fault if they receiver is in a different time zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's up to the receiver to stop notifications. Go ahead and send the mail when you like.

Advertisement