Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Rod for Pike fishing?

• 13-04-2015 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of info on a decent piking rod.

For the last few years i was using a cheap no name rod, but that has since been claimed and lost by my brother.

Since then ive been using my teklon Concept spinning rod which is a terriffic rod, and makes for awesome fun bringing in a larger fish, but a little light for some of the larger lures, giving me issues in getting a huge amount of distatnce in casting the larger lures.

So I think i need something a little bigger/stronger. Looking at the shamino alivio DX12:
    [URL="ttp://www.henrystackleshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_113/products_id/2538"]ttp://www.henrystackleshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_113/products_id/2538[/URL]

its price is about right and it has a better casting weight. Any recommendations or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭.red.

Not sure which teklon you have but ive got the 702 L and its a cracking rod. Nice and light and plenty of backbone to bully fish. The 802 ML is the heavier model and thats also a cracker but id imagine would be a bit light for the heavier lures for pike.

The rod you mentioned is 12ft and would be very heavy and akward for casting lures. The 8-6 20-60g bushwacker xlnt in henrys would be a very good option. Ive never used one but all the bushwacker range are highly regarded. Its €105 but id imagine a bit of haggling would get it slightly cheaper.

Advertisement