Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYG question on rates

Options
  • 13-04-2015 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

I seen a tv advertisement offering Free installation and free PAYG meter.

Can you confirm is the price of the standing charge is the same as if paying by direct debit

And is there any annual charge for having such meter

I am a good paying direct debit customer, I'm considering the top up meter as an option. But I want to know if it will end up costing be more or same.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi spongbob,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Is this the advertisement you are referring to?

For electricity, a PAYG meter has the same standing charge as billing. For a full breakdown of charges and for all the relevant details, contact our dedicated PAYG team on 1850 30 50 95. They would have the most information for you. Here are the details in relation to PAYG electricity on our website also.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

Is there a sur-change when topping up?

How is this avoided?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Adrian4,

Thanks for your post.
    Adrian4 wrote:
    Is there a sur-change when topping up?

How is this avoided?

There shouldn't be a charge levied onto our customers by PayPoint or Payzone for a Pay As You Go top-up. 

If this ever happens a customer, we would advise they contact us with the details of the retailer so that we can contact them and ask that they cease this practice.

Remember you can also top-up online. See here for details. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement