Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market Stall Insurance

Options
  • 13-04-2015 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows the best place to get insurance for a small market stall? What sort or price would you be looking to pay for a standard market, not food just clothing? Is it worth while going trough an organisation like IOMST or just organise it myself?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows the best place to get insurance for a small market stall? What sort or price would you be looking to pay for a standard market, not food just clothing? Is it worth while going trough an organisation like IOMST or just organise it myself?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

You would be looking at between €120 and €180 from the above depending on how many markets you do. Generally, its dearer to do yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 General.Tee

Chiorino wrote: »
    You would be looking at between €120 and €180 from the above depending on how many markets you do. Generally, its dearer to do yourself.

Thanks! Ye looked at a few online quotes and it worked out more expensive going directly to the insurance companies by the looks of it.

Got a quote of €150 from MAST and €180 IOMST, do you know if there is much of a difference between the organisations?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Thanks! Ye looked at a few online quotes and it worked out more expensive going directly to the insurance companies by the looks of it.

Got a quote of €150 from MAST and €180 IOMST, do you know if there is much of a difference between the organisations?

As far as I know, different levels of cover in the small print. IOMST are on the go over 20 years, MAST only a couple. Get everything in writing (quotes, cover etc) first and compare then.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭minibear

We've been with MAST for the last two years and can't fault their service. We haven't needed to make a claim so I've no idea what they're like in that instance. Our premium was a little more than 150 because we sometimes have two stalls running concurrently and wanted to be covered on both.

They email updates weekly with info on markets, items for sale/wanted and any other news for traders. I find them very efficient. :)

I've no experience of any other broker, we only started two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 General.Tee

Thanks, I'll ask them both a few more questions but there probably isnt much difference between them at the end of the day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement