Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spacex CRS-6 Resupply mission to ISS - today @ 9.33pm.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Wow wee that was fantastic!

Just watched it sailing across the sky from Clara Offaly!!!!!!!

I thought I filmed it but realised after failed to press the tiny record button :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Saw it flying over! Could easily make out the Dragon and the second stage right behind it. Great sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Stage 1 didn't make it according to Musk.
    Edit: Old news it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭irishgeo

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Saw it flying over! Could easily make out the Dragon and the second stage right behind it. Great sight.

crap didnt realise it would be visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Clear all day here and it's only now that clouds decide to roll in. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

namloc1980 wrote: »

Was a magnificent sight, been a while since I got excited by a rocket launch but that was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭jimbis

Wow.... Just wow! That is the best sight I've ever seen of any passing. You could make out the solar arrays and everything.
    Thank you Ireland for finally giving me a clear night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

That was much clearer and not as low in the sky as it was made out to be. I didn't expect to see anything. Very cool to think something that was in Florida 18 minutes before is now passing over Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

lord lucan wrote: »
    Was a magnificent sight, been a while since I got excited by a rocket launch but that was excellent.

how low in the south was it? i was watching from dublin but no luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

What time is the next spacex rocket pass-over for Ireland ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

emo72 wrote: »

I nearly missed it as I was expecting it to be low but it was quite high as far as I could see.

Went practically straight overhead here in Cork. Should have been really visible in Dublin.

anyone confirm if it will pass again tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Popped my head out for a look and my timing was perfect, flew right over me. Looked awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adam anto

I watched from Dublin and it went from SSW (ish) to E (ish). Very bright in the sky, thought I got the times mixed up and it was the ISS but no. At a real guess I'd say it was about 40 to 45 deg. Really stunning..

emo72 wrote: »

My guess would be around 30 degree looking south.

lord lucan wrote: »
    I nearly missed it as I was expecting it to be low but it was quite high as far as I could see.

Yeah I was looking south west and then had a quick look up and saw it zooming at about 80 degrees high.

irishgeo wrote: »
    anyone confirm if it will pass again tonight?

As far as I know it won't pass again tonight but don't forget about ISS @10.05 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭circadian

Caught it whizzing past, the OH missed it though. Higher than expected. Can't wait for the next one!

ill make do with the memories of the shuttle launch pass over ireland, i seen a few years back.

ill stick the head out for the iss @10

• Advertisement

ill make do with the memories of the shuttle launch pass over ireland, i seen a few years back.

As far as I know, tomorrow will be a great one to see. The ISS flashing by with Dragon in close pursuit @ around 9.12

Not to make you feel bad for missing it, but that shuttle passing was the best thing I'd ever seen............ Until tonight's passing kicked it's ass :)

jimbis wrote: »
    Not to make you feel bad for missing it, but that shuttle passing was the best thing I'd ever seen............ Until tonight's passing kicked it's ass :)

ill raise you the tour i done of nasa in cape Canaveral last year. hoping to time it so ill be over for a lauch next time.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

no joy on iss, damn clouds.

hopefully its clear for tomorrow nights iss and dragon pass

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Right naked eye I seen something moving from west to east across the south of the sky, quite fast. Very brightly light and looked too far up to be a plane.

Any ideas what I was looking at?

It was just 5 minutes ago

Luke92 wrote: »
    Right naked eye I seen something moving from west to east across the south of the sky, quite fast. Very brightly light and looked too far up to be a plane.

Any ideas what I was looking at?

It was just 5 minutes ago

Twas the Space Station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

ISS just passed. I had the telescope out so i thought i'd track it for the craic. What i thought were out of focus glare bits were actually the solar panels! I played with the focus as i tracked. I also took off the worm gear brakes and manhandled the scope along. It was at 40x magnification (1000mm/25mm) I think thats right.
    Wow! That put a smile on my face i can tell ya!
    Oh, the skies are lovely and clear and still!!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Adam anto wrote: »
    Twas the Space Station

Yep thought that! Had the app out and had my orientation all wrong! But just dawned on me that's what I was looking at!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Luke92 wrote: »
    Yep thought that! Had the app out and had my orientation all wrong! But just dawned on me that's what I was looking at!

Thanks

I noticed the rocket thing seemed to fly across same route that the ISS took.

Best ever up to tonight for me was the Evening the shuttle launch was live on Nasa TV on my iPad and same time seeing it fly across Ireland seconds after launch, the other was few years back seeing similar at about 10pm but was even more spectacular seeing the rocket break off the shuttle over Irish sky

Advertisement