Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband connection in North Cork

Options
  • 13-04-2015 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I am about to start a new job after a long time of unemployment which is based from home, which is my absolute dream job and could not be happier to be starting working again. 

So far, I have been using WiFi for my internet connection. Now the job requires a hard wired high speed set up but it appears that my area is not covered by any broadband provider I have contacted, due to Eircom not covering the area I live in.

We are not living on a deserted island of the west coast but close to Boherbue, Newmarket, Kanturk, Rathmore, Millstreet etc....so far from being isolated. I am just wondering is there any chance or possibility that Eircom will expand their services?

I just find it more than disappointing to not be able to start working again, due to the lack of service of Eircom. Any help or assistance from your side would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

I am about to start a new job after a long time of unemployment which is based from home, which is my absolute dream job and could not be happier to be starting working again. 

So far, I have been using WiFi for my internet connection. Now the job requires a hard wired high speed set up but it appears that my area is not covered by any broadband provider I have contacted, due to Eircom not covering the area I live in.

We are not living on a deserted island of the west coast but close to Boherbue, Newmarket, Kanturk, Rathmore, Millstreet etc....so far from being isolated. I am just wondering is there any chance or possibility that Eircom will expand their services?

I just find it more than disappointing to not be able to start working again, due to the lack of service of Eircom. Any help or assistance from your side would be much appreciated.
    Hi mrsguest1988

If you would like to PM me your specific address I will be happy to look in to this further for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mrsguest1988

Hi Alan,

I believe I have send you 2 private messages, including our address,  in the meantime?

Have you received them, as I have not heard anything back yet?

Thanks.

Response time 9 hours….it's the 17th today and you've last replied on the 14th. No reply to my PM's either…I really really do need Eircom's  assistance here as my future job depends on it. I cannot use any other company unfortunately, as they don't provide service in my area but if ye continue with your head in the sand approach i am at my wit's end, really. I was also promised a call back through their website within 48 hrs, which has not happened. 

I suppose I can already inform the social that the job is not happening. Thank you sincerely, Eircom. 

Response time 9 hours….it's the 17th today and you've last replied on the 14th. No reply to my PM's either…I really really do need Eircom's  assistance here as my future job depends on it. I cannot use any other company unfortunately, as they don't provide service in my area but if ye continue with your head in the sand approach i am at my wit's end, really. I was also promised a call back through their website within 48 hrs, which has not happened. 

I suppose I can already inform the social that the job is not happening. Thank you sincerely, Eircom. 
    Sincerest apologies for the delays mrsguest1988

I have investigated this in full and I'm very sorry to confirm that your area is served by the BallyDesmond exchange, which is not broadband enabled meaning eircom will be unable to offer you broadband.

I did contact our networks team who have also advised that there are no current plans to suggest when the BallyDesmond exchange will be broadband enable although a new schedule of plans should be available in early 2016 - hopefully I can offer you netter news then.

Thanks
    Al

Sincerest apologies for the delay
    I have investigated this in full and I'm very sorry to confirm that your area is served by the BallyDesmond exchange, which is not broadband enabled meaning eircom will be unable to offer you broadband.

I did contact our networks team who have also advised that there are no current plans to suggest when the BallyDesmond exchange will be broadband enable although a new schedule of plans should be available in early 2016 - hopefully I can offer you netter news then.

Thanks
    Al
    Thank you for  checking Al. Is Eircom though able to provide regular phone service then? Cause I do see business in this area of course who do have a landline. Thanks again. 

• Advertisement

Sincerest apologies for the delay

Thanks
    Al
    Thank you for  checking Al. Is Eircom though able to provide regular phone service then? Cause I do see business in this area of course who do have a landline. Thanks again. 
    Hi mrsguest1988

Yes, I can see that you can indeed have a landline installed. If you are interested please contact our sales team on Instant WebChat www.eircom.ie/chatnow or you can call sales on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement