Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Document Book Ideas

• 13-04-2015 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

So I'm in Fifth Year now and my teacher has just started teaching us about the orals and the document. She recommended to me and a few others to read a French novel/book over the summer and we could definitely talk about that for the document.
    Does anyone have any ideas for what book?
    Merci!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You could look at some of the old ones used to be on the Leaving Cert. syllabus - Maupassant's short stories etc.. Ask one of the older teachers in your school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Another idea would be Le Petit Prince -- it's a very famous French book, it's short and it's quite easy to follow/understand, especially for someone in LC level. It's a nice little book too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

Canard wrote: »
    Another idea would be Le Petit Prince -- it's a very famous French book, it's short and it's quite easy to follow/understand, especially for someone in LC level. It's a nice little book too. :)

Thank you! I'm gonna check it out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 racl96

Hi, I did my oral last year and used two books I had read for my document, 'L'étranger', which took a while and had a lot of tricky grammar, and 'No et Moi', a modern novel which was a lot easier and quicker to read. I don't think I was able to bring the books in with me so I just printed out pictures of the covers and stuck them on a page. The examiner seemed impressed that I had taken the time to read the books and it was a change from the holiday photos she'd seen beforehand! Just make sure you know the plots inside out and have all the vocab you might need! Also, the fact that I had an interesting document meant that more time was spent on that than on conversation which you can't really prepare as well for. It was definitely worth the extra time and effort, bonne chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

racl96 wrote: »
    Hi, I did my oral last year and used two books I had read for my document, 'L'étranger', which took a while and had a lot of tricky grammar, and 'No et Moi', a modern novel which was a lot easier and quicker to read. I don't think I was able to bring the books in with me so I just printed out pictures of the covers and stuck them on a page. The examiner seemed impressed that I had taken the time to read the books and it was a change from the holiday photos she'd seen beforehand! Just make sure you know the plots inside out and have all the vocab you might need! Also, the fact that I had an interesting document meant that more time was spent on that than on conversation which you can't really prepare as well for. It was definitely worth the extra time and effort, bonne chance!

Thanks for the tips! Yeah a good few people in my class want to do photos from our French trip and similar stuff so I feel it will definitely benefit me if I do something a little different.

• Advertisement
Advertisement