Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to enlarge picture

Options
  • 13-04-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My problem is that with my laptop connected to my lcd tv by hdmi cable ,the picture does not fill the tv screen ,it leaves a black border all around the edges. I am using windows 8.1.
    At one time the picture did fill the screen ,but I think a windows update may altered it.
    I would be grateful if anyone has an answer to this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Right click the desktop. Select "Screen Resolution". Select the TV in the dialog. Choose the correct resolution - probably 720 or 1080.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tajom

tried that ,but have come up with a fairly complicated screen "change the appearance of your display" shows multiple monitors ,resolution 1366 x768 which i think is the laptop. shows two screens marked 1 and 2,

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm guessing you're mirroring or "Duplicate" as win8 calls it. Both screens show the same picture?

Hold the windows key and tap the letter P until you get "Second Screen Only". Thatll turn off the laptop screen and allow the TV to run native res.

secondscreen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tajom

got to second screen, resolution 1080 showing ,there is an extender on screen ,pushed it over as far as it could go ,hit apply, but no dice.

Advertisement