Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The LG G4 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

well ill let ya know later on how well my battery does

i was getting 20-22 hours battery sometimes with roughly 20% lefdt before charge never paid attention to screen time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Bought my phone unlocked here in swizterland. I really want MM! If I had gotten it on my network, I'd have it by now, which is slightly ironic as slow updates is the reason I bought it off contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Yeah pants all tho mine is still going since 330 this morning with 26% left

Patww79 wrote: »

me either tbh and since that post its dipped 4%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Still no Android M, this is annoying me now!

In general, how long does it take LG to distribute a new OS to all phones once they start the release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

That's the problem with LG being one of the first to get MM out, sounds like it has not been optimised/integrated well. Will stick with lollipop as long as I can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

That's the problem with LG being one of the first to get MM out, sounds like it has not been optimised/integrated well. Will stick with lollipop as long as I can!

Yeah, that's why they only release it region by region. The first region do the the real world testing and get screwed if the update is not up to scratch.

I've learned never to be the first to buy a new tech product as the bugs will need to be ironed out first. The same goes with new cars.

• Advertisement

Whachooo talk about Willis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/imho-locked-bootloader-pray-phone-t3259149

Considering most of us here bought at or close to launch, and without any network carrier guarantee, this does not look good. Basically if your phone was made before September (earlier serial than 509.....) then there's a very good chance it's going to suddenly and unrecoverably die pretty soon.

People who haven't rooted will be fine as failing hardware warrents a replacement device.

Would you not be covered under a European warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Of course it will be covered under the EU distant selling regulations.

• Advertisement

so for arguments sake whats everyone serial starting with here??? mine is 359 ..... so that mean im ****ed or what??? ill start making a tin oil hat then

as long as you got it within the eurozone your fine for two years.

OK so looking at the G4 box it says mine is 508 (So i'm good?)

oh dear mine has 505...better put away the foil so.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

anyone know the cheapest website to buy the LG G4 these days? Maybe some UK ones? Amazon? I saw it for around 420 on bizrusonline.ie but reviews for that sites service are very mixed indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

I got it from the ebay seller mentioned earlier in the thread but just checked & see the price has jumped from €399 to €469 since early Oct.

Marshmallow arrived via LG Bridge last week, not exactly a huge change but like the almost straight battery usage graph overnight courtesy of that Doze feature I guess.

Still no 6.0 update for me on phone or LG Bridge.

god's toy wrote: »
    Still no 6.0 update for me on phone or LG Bridge.

Same

choons wrote: »
    Same

I got 6.0 by following instructions here http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/development/stock-h815-20b-images-flashables-kdz-t3257544

Basically like flashing, but very simple to do. Biggest pain is downloading the 1.6gb file.

But...Don't do it. I haven't done a factory reset yet (too busy this week) but battery life is down, auto brightness now acts differently, "now on tap" is more of a nuisance since I cant swipe up for Google Now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

anyone know the cheapest website to buy the LG G4 these days? Maybe some UK ones? Amazon? I saw it for around 420 on bizrusonline.ie but reviews for that sites service are very mixed indeed.

i got mine from this site. brand new for £275 which is about 380 euros. There is none in stock at the moment but they pop up quite frequently.

http://www.smartfonestore.com/filter-mfr-LG.aspx

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Got mine from
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/mobiles-and-tablets/mobile-phones/brands/lg/

€398 seems to be the best they have but keep an eye as their prices change based on the value of the euro.

i got mine from this site. brand new for £275 which is about 380 euros. There is none in stock at the moment but they pop up quite frequently.

http://www.smartfonestore.com/filter-mfr-LG.aspx

Got mine from here too. Note that it only came with the leather back, box was un-sealed and no earphones. Seems to be brand new though.

Bought in November and manufacture date on the box is 506.

I emailed to ask LG why Android M hadn't come to my phone yet. I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually answered with a decent response and quickly too.

Dear Choons,

Thank you for your email and for your interest in Andriod M.

I am afraid that as of yet we have no definite time table for the roll out of this update. We currently have trials running in some areas of Europe and our technicians are monitoring how well the update performs and whether it causes any issues for our customers, LG will only move to more widespread update when we are completely happy with the performance.

I hope this has helped, however, if you have any questions or require further assistance you can reply to this email by clicking the additional questions link above the survey.

I would really appreciate it if you could spare a moment to let us have your feedback, Choons. Please help us to improve our customer service by taking a few seconds to complete the short survey at the bottom of this email.

Thank you in advance and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind regards

I emailed to ask LG why Android M hadn't come to my phone yet. I'm pleasantly surprised that they actually answered with a decent response and quickly too.

It would be cool they said 'OK its not out cos we're still testing but if you wanna join the beta just say so' I mean, I get they want to make sure most people are happy but most of us here are way beyond average Joe in Android related things and would love to be part of those testers doing the 'soak test' for them.

I have no evidence that Doze is working at all.

Now on tap is far less useful than I had hoped. It's interesting, I just wish they didnt have to take away the functionality of swiping up for google now to bring Tap in.

Awesome, didn't know this! NOT is now off. I'd also have swipe up but whatever, I can handle this.

The only thing I noticed that might be doze related was last night. About 6am I wake up and check my phone, for a second it says 4am, then updates to 6am (quick circle case). I've never noticed such a lag.

Though if doze is working, it's doing a **** job as my battery life is far down IMO.

• Advertisement

I was in Germany when M arrived via LG Bridge so maybe that was the reason it showed up for me :confused:

This is what I see with the overnight battery use...

1zdymtx.jpg

Must have a play with that Now on Tap feature to see what it does. Tbh Android M isn't going to change you life :)

That would be 8.4.89.

try Gsam works for me see whats what and all that malarky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Sgro

Hi, thinking of getting this LG G4 over the OP2 as need a new smartphone. Slightly more drawn to the LG G4 as has a removable battery and SD card slot.
    Also, have had very bad experiences with my OPO. When I dropped it, a tiny crack rendered the whole screen unresponsive, and then customer service were atrocious and tried to rip me off, eventually got my originally agreed upon price for repair. And now, only recently, the phone has died after being in a damp pocket for literally less than ten seconds. The same thing also happened to a friend, so am very wary of OnePlus' durability in their phones.

Battery life is pretty important to me - I know the removable battery is handy but anyone have some more opinions on the G4 battery life?
    Also, durability of the phone? I'm guessing a bit more as LG is IMO a better manufacturer than OP (they have to retain costs somewhere and I'm guessing OP uses not-so-durable parts) and I also have a Nexus 5 which is smashed to bits, screen literally hanging off with the guts showing and still works fine unlike the OPO which dies at the first chance it gets.

Would also appreciate any comparisons anyone had b/w OP2 and the G4.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭RtD

So I think I've fallen foul of the bug/issue that causes the phone to not get past the boot screen. It's one of the early Amazon.it ones and has part numbers H815 - (0420, 0423, 0425, 0504) when I remove the cover

A few days back I was listening to music on my G4, about 50% battery, and it crashed. Tried turning it on again and got the startup LG logo and that's about it, it'll crash again after 10-20 seconds. To try turn it on again I first have to remove and then re-seat the battery to get any response and generally it's the same scenario again, 5-10 seconds of LG logo, a second or two blank, and then 5-10 seconds of LG logo again before just turning off. On very rare occasion it will get to the optimising apps screen and will then crash after hitting 10/85 apps. I can't seem to get into the startup menu at all. Having it plugged in to the mains seems to make no discernible difference.

I've actually ordered another battery with charging dock on the off chance it's something to do with that but it seems unlikely now that I've read a bit more, it'll arrive before the end of the week hopefully so can test it then.

Anyone here experienced similar and if so any progress?

It's a European wide warranty, doesn't matter who you bought it from in Europe. I don't think there should be any problems having it replaced. You may be without a phone for a few weeks though

• Advertisement
Advertisement