Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Any deals currently on compatible micro sd cards anyone know?.

'MyMemory' have Samsung memory cards (64GB/48MB/s) for €22.95

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDXC/Samsung/Samsung-64GB-EVO-Micro-SDXC-Card-with-USB-Adapter-UHS-I-U1---48MB_s?utm_campaign=Samsung+64GB+EVO+Micro+SDXC+Card+with+USB+Adapter+%2B+Free+UK+Delivery&utm_medium=mymemory&utm_source=spotlight

Here is the official LG battery and charging unit from mobilefun.co.uk. for €44

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/official-lg-g4-extra-battery-kit-p54436.htm

Wireless charging does work on the leather cases and you get pick up after market charging stickers for around a tenner. Note they will add a tiny amount of bulk to the back but it's minimum.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

N64 wrote: »
    I bought mine from ebay.it from this seller. Next day delivery to ireland, is a business seller and phone was unused.

http://www.ebay.it/itm/111766714777

Did you have any problems with shipping? Took two days after order to get a delivery confirmation from TNT. The tracking number they gave me references a previous package to Israel, obviously not mine. The reference number brings me to a page that indicates i'm in their system at least, but details such as delivery, status etc are all blank. Concerning me a little.

Patww79 wrote: »

Was that not the update pushed to euro/international phones OTA a while back? As I still see our US buds complaining about issues that were fixed a while ago and all the major carriers are very slow to roll out android updates.

FYI: I've never had any of those issues I see people complain about, to be honest I'm more than happy to say and my battery lasts longer than the opo with the same number of apps installed.

I plan on buying a 2nd one for the wife seeing what a let down the new Nexus's are.

• Advertisement

Even if mine had been exactly as advertised, I'd have a 6P over it any day. Apart from us getting shafted on a big mark-up, it looks better than the G4 in every way, though when it's as old as the LG it probably will drop closer to the price anyway.

Have to disagree there as most of what I see as a selling point in a phone is missing in a 6p but that's what's wonderful about android, choice. Each to there own.

Will be looking into the v10 when its out.

As far as I've heard the V10 won't be released outside the US and Korea.

Wont stop me for getting one if I want one. However the supported lte bands probably will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭N64

Did you have any problems with shipping? Took two days after order to get a delivery confirmation from TNT. The tracking number they gave me references a previous package to Israel, obviously not mine. The reference number brings me to a page that indicates i'm in their system at least, but details such as delivery, status etc are all blank. Concerning me a little.

I had no such problems when I ordered. Everything went pretty smoothly. Did you get it sorted out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I'm getting one of these brought back from Hong Kong....I already own the SG 6 but tbh while the camera is superb the battery is ****e.

Has anyone else had trouble with re-acquring a signal after losing it. Yesterday I went into a building where there is no signal and then I didn't notice for that for nearly an hour after in areas where I normally have full signal I had no signal. Had to restart my phone and then it was back to normal

Are you with 3?
    I get this all the time but I use a Samsung Galaxy 6 at the moment...
    3 are pretty ****e but I do love their price ( €25e sim free pm) and eat all you want 4G data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I ordered the phone off an Italy based seller on Pixmania.ie

I got a dispatch email on Friday October 2nd and it still hasn't arrived.

Tracking number in the email doesn't work and the tracking website provided http://gls.it/ doesn't work.

I checked pixmania and GLS is one of their couriers and it brought me to the proper website but the tracking ID I got is only 8 numbers and GLS told me it should be an 11 didgit number.

I have been emailing the seller and his English obviously isn't up to scratch but I'm trying to see if the tracking he gave is right.

Tis awful disappointing :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mourinho wrote: »
    I ordered the phone off an Italy based seller on Pixmania.ie

I got a dispatch email on Friday October 2nd and it still hasn't arrived.

Tracking number in the email doesn't work and the tracking website provided http://gls.it/ doesn't work.

I checked pixmania and GLS is one of their couriers and it brought me to the proper website but the tracking ID I got is only 8 numbers and GLS told me it should be an 11 didgit number.

I have been emailing the seller and his English obviously isn't up to scratch but I'm trying to see if the tracking he gave is right.

Tis awful disappointing :(

Is it legit??? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

I'm getting one of these brought back from Hong Kong....I already own the SG 6 but tbh while the camera is superb the battery is ****e.

From HK make sure the 4G bands are supported

The Chinese one plus works with different bands and 4G can be affected. Not sure about LG but worth checking to be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

From HK make sure the 4G bands are supported

The Chinese one plus works with different bands and 4G can be affected. Not sure about LG but worth checking to be safe

Should be fine according to this

yop wrote: »
    Is it legit??? :o

You'd think so being a pixmania approved seller and I payed via PayPal.

Gonna raise a dispute this weekend I reckon, two weeks is more than enough for it to have arrived via courier.

Ordered my 2nd one,(for wife) this time via amazon last night for €422 inc post. dispatched this morning.

:)

• Advertisement

god's toy wrote: »
    Ordered my 2nd one,(for wife) this time via amazon last night for €422 inc post. dispatched this morning.

:)

Same seller you PM'd me about?

Mourinho wrote: »
    Same seller you PM'd me about?

Nope, this time 'Timepiece Fashion Inc' order fulfilled by amazon.

My friend bought one for herself too at the same time and got a great deal...Genuine extra battery, top of teh range ss, extra covers sold very cheap...and other things including an umbrella and a Cup!!
    Amazing what tough competition does to a retailer !

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

how's the audio (with headphones) on this ladies and gents?
    Its seriously important to me and I keep finding mixed reviews :mad:

Is the quality good? hows the volume etc? Would appreciate any feedback as my finger currently hovers over the purchase option :o

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Thanks, I generally find a lot of Android phones have very low volume, bar the samsungs and the One Plus. Sonys are especially bad for this :mad:

If the phone gets out a good volume level I think I'm going to go ahead and buy it, I'm getting a screen on time of about 3 to 5 hours on my OnePlus at the minute so I'm also hoping I wont take too much of a hit on that.

Music is my main worry though, I travel a lot and need a good quality and loud music player

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

I ordered from an Italian ebay vendor and got my G4 less than a week later using TNT as the courier. Very happy with the phone, no real problems on the delivery besides the transport details taking two days to appear, made me paranoid at first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭opus

I ordered from an Italian ebay vendor and got my G4 less than a week later using TNT as the courier. Very happy with the phone, no real problems on the delivery besides the transport details taking two days to appear, made me paranoid at first.

Guessing we purchased from the same vendor as I had a similar experience! Still the phone arrived yesterday and is working fine, quite a change from my 3.5 year old Galaxy S3, hopefully I'll get three years out of this one as well :)

The imminent Marshmallow arrival is a bit of a bonus for sure!

Advertisement