Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G4 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Patww79 wrote: »

+1 couldn't agree more, pretty bizarre.

god's toy wrote: »
    Have you seen this way/type ? you stick it on the battery first, test then once you know its working you put on the back.

That's a great tip but unfortunately not all patches have those reversed stickers although I suppose I could McGyver something similar with the one I have. If there's no joy I'll definitely give that particular brand a go, the one I have now is a cheap €2 one from aliexpress.

No they're pretty slim, shouldn't make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=380230&initiative_id=AS_20151103134229&SearchText=lg+g4+cover Aliexpress is a good place to start.

Super cheap and the quality is usually ok.

I ordered this before http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6908356283.html?orderId=69261880708262

The case is great, little thicker than normal on the sides to accommodate the flip cover but the same as normal on the back. Also comes with QI charging chip which works but isn't worth the hassle IMO.

I honestly wouldnt bother with a quick circle case though. It's nice to have the front protected but the idea of only activating a small part of the screen to save power only works on amoled devices, and this isn't one. You can even see the backlight on the rest of the screen turn on as the clockface does. Also very very limited number of clock faces available in the marketplace and none are very good. can't imagine it would be too difficult to write my own, but I don't have the time to do that.

The number of "apps" available for it are limited. It also doesn't do common sense stuff like display media controls when waking it up if music is playing, so you have to open it anyway to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

Somewhat of an LG G4 noob here. Just a quick question for everyone. Can I still receive OTA's if I unlock the boot loader and install a custom recovery while not rooting and keeping the stock os?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

The_N4sir wrote: »
    Somewhat of an LG G4 noob here. Just a quick question for everyone. Can I still receive OTA's if I unlock the boot loader and install a custom recovery while not rooting and keeping the stock os?

Thanks.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Getting a software update, any know what it is? can't view while its downloading.

was 67 MB so probably not 6.0.

says " Usability improvements through Google patch"

• Advertisement

Just to note the version down: V10e-OCT-26-2015

Interesting it says 'v10'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I just put a load of LG G4 accessories up on adverts if anyone is interested? http://www.adverts.ie/cases-covers/5-x-lg-g4-cases-wireless-charging-kit-and-screen-protectors/9216391

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

It is possible to search the thread by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Komsomolitz

Mine came with two covers, the leather one I ordered with the G4 and a spare plastic one.

Nope, no problems at all with wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 darraghsmyth

I am considering getting an LG G4 for the camera reviews I read.

Is it worth paying the extra for the leather back? I imagine it is easy to hold and less likely to slip out of your hand. Is that the case?

Have they started rolling out marshmallow yet?

Is there anywhere in Dublin that stocks the phone so I could actuslly see it?

Cheers
    Darragh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jonnybegood

Nothing showing up, but it may not have been mentioned. Mine is unable to stay connected to WiFi lately for more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time. Switches to data and then comes back to the wireless randomly. I'll get an 'Internet unavailable' message when it cuts off and if I go into my WiFi settings I will have a message saying 'Avoided poor Internet Connection'. Connects manually fine, for a couple of minutes.

Issue only started this week. Happens on various wireless connections and other devices have no issues staying connected.

Have you got WiFi scanning switched off
    If not switch it off
    Worked for me

The 'Allow WiFi Scanning' for Location Service under the advanced WiFi settings? It's checked On on mine, just switched it off now to try. Cheers.
    That's it

And like clockwork it dropped it again :D Seems to hold the 5GHz better but it's still the only device in the house out of 1 PC, 2 laptops, 2 tablets, 3 other phones, and a Nexus Player that can't hold the signal 2.4GHz. Must just have a gammy WiFi chip in it.

Wort a try anyhow
    Back to the drawing board
    Try switching wifi notification off aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Quick one on converting your normal G4 case (Black leather for me) to a wireless charging case.

1. Buy a LG G4 Qi and NFC sticker. Your G4 already has NFC but not Qi charging. I got this one but there's lots on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261986899438

2. Take off your back and remove the old NFC sticker. Plenty of guides online for this so I won't go into details.

3. Place the new Qi Sticker on the back where the old one was. Google for exact positioning if you are struggling.

4. Place your back on the phone as normal and try it out.

5. This is where I got stuck. The phone did not charge wirelessly because the pins were not making contact. I figured out that it was because the contacts on the sticker were too far away from the pins on the phone. I placed some masking tape under the sticker to raise it from the phone case.

Yh5XCLz.jpg?1

NFC and Qi wireless charging now working perfectly. This is just a quick write up, if you need more details I'm happy to help.

Maybe a tiny bit but its so slight that I'm not even sure

• Advertisement

PP1aieC.jpg

Here is a photo, you can see a slight bulge around the buttons but nowhere else

Advertisement