Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetside 2 PS4

• 13-04-2015 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Many many hours on the PC version, I managed to secure a ps4 copy today as i was sick of waiting to receive a copy from SOE via email.

Population is low but that's to be expected as its player base right now is heavily restricted. But overall i recommend anyone that has a PS4 to apply for the beta as you-tube videos and anything less then 15hr of in-game play will not do the game justice.

Fine a group of buddies team up and you will be hooked!! PM me for PSN if you have the game and want to team up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I was a private beta for this. 15GB of download later, and 20 minutes of gameplay, the game was promptly deleted.

Just not my cuppa.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Its takes some getting used to, Give the ps4 a chance to find its feet with this game, Once you get into it and starting enjoying the whole HUGE social aspect. Find a group adds so much to the game, Create or join an Outfit stay and Rank up with you outfits custom ranks and do well to get you outfit on all the achievements Screens for capturing and killing.

Played today still lacking players but overall i know whats coming so i am willing to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Currently no proper social/squad/platoon/outfit systems in place yet and there's still things to add and sort for the PS4 version, and not to mention to low player counts. They should just open it already.

Playing NC on Ceres if anyone else is interested.

Varik wrote: »
    Currently no proper social/squad/platoon/outfit systems in place yet and there's still things to add and sort for the PS4 version, and not to mention to low player counts. They should just open it already.

Playing NC on Ceres if anyone else is interested.

Also NC on Ceres.

Edit, They really really need to let more players in tho and fast

AndrewTW1990 psn.

Server and Char NC on Ceres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Ellen OG

is this game good? my BF wants me to buy it for him x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Ellen OG wrote: »
    is this game good? my BF wants me to buy it for him x

The game is in beta at the moment so they are only testing it but when it is released it will be a free game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    it will be a free game

It won't be free, it will be free to play online in that you don't need PS+ to play it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

It won't be free, it will be free to play online in that you don't need PS+ to play it online.

No, it will be free. Its a free2Play game, just like DC Universe Online is. It has a cash shop for players to purchase in-game convenience items and cosmetic changes using real money.

Unlike a lot of f2p games you really don't need to spend anything.

• Advertisement

Happy to see today and the last few days large battles taking place reminds me more of the PC version. Was caught up in a 150+ battle today for about 4hrs of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Anyone still playing this? Finding it fun but would be better in a team

Icaras wrote: »
    Anyone still playing this? Finding it fun but would be better in a team

See a good few playing but no one really playing together. Only released properly last week and even that was a bit early.

A lot of features missing, only real change is it's stable and you unlocks won't be wiped anymore.

See a good few playing but no one really playing together. Only released properly last week and even that was a bit early.

A lot of features missing, only real change is it's stable and you unlocks won't be wiped anymore.

Anyone any idea on how to do the Outfits ''Clans'' PC version their is a option. none on ps4

Also i purchase Battle Cash still not showing up

Anyone any idea on how to do the Outfits ''Clans'' PC version their is a option. none on ps4

Also i purchase Battle Cash still not showing up

No outfits or platoons yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Got a chance to get stuck into this for a few hours last night,very enjoyable.

Although 30fps is a real shame the screen tearing in the beta was shocking so i can see why they made the decision.

Barring the framerate it plays very well. Got into at least two major battles on indar that were great fun. Have only played vanu really,going to give the terrains a go for the next character. Played a bit of conglomerate on PC.

My gamertag on PSN is the same as here if anyone wants to add me.

EDIT: Server down for anybody else?

EoinHef wrote: »
    Got a chance to get stuck into this for a few hours last night,very enjoyable.

Although 30fps is a real shame the screen tearing in the beta was shocking so i can see why they made the decision.

Barring the framerate it plays very well. Got into at least two major battles on indar that were great fun. Have only played vanu really,going to give the terrains a go for the next character. Played a bit of conglomerate on PC.

My gamertag on PSN is the same as here if anyone wants to add me.

EDIT: Server down for anybody else?

Not locked at 30, the frame rate is still unlocked.

Which server you on, not playing vanu right now but do have a one.

Not locked at 30, the frame rate is still unlocked.

Which server you on, not playing vanu right now but do have a one.

Really? Felt very sluggish at some points,anyway not enough to put me off.

I cant remember the server but ill post it when i get a chance to check,couldnt log in earlier to check but ill try again after work tonight. Also now have a terrain character,ill post his server up as well.

Think the down time is probably lizard squads doing after havining a look,john smedley decided to have a go at them on twitter yesterday so i reckon they ddos'ed all of daybreaks games yesterday,nothing worse than a bunch of butthurt hacker kiddys:(

Really? Felt very sluggish at some points,anyway not enough to put me off.

I cant remember the server but ill post it when i get a chance to check,couldnt log in earlier to check but ill try again after work tonight. Also now have a terrain character,ill post his server up as well.

Think the down time is probably lizard squads doing after havining a look,john smedley decided to have a go at them on twitter yesterday so i reckon they ddos'ed all of daybreaks games yesterday,nothing worse than a bunch of butthurt hacker kiddys:(

Even on PC it does, big battles kill the frame fate.

Vanu: Rashnu Server

Terran:Ceres Server

Only just got a chance to log in now,anybody wants to add me feel free to join when im on.

• Advertisement

Game's been patched, they've added outfits (clans) so it might be worth trying again.

Finally getting a few of the lads to play this now,was an ordeal trying to explain to them about faction/server picking! You'd swear i was talking a different language!

Decided to all play terran for the moment,had a good 4/5hr session the other night,once they understood the spawn system we were good to go.

Very enjoyable so far,and its nice to see a game release that wasnt riddled with bugs and such. I will be putting more time into this over the next while

PSN; AndrewTW1990

Servers; All

Factions; All

Can create a faction on a server if enough interest & players wants.

Same here i advertise get friends involve create a new character to help them both start form the bottom they either don't understand or don't spend that 5 hours breaking through the learning curve that is Planet-side.

My Favorite faction
    https://www.planetside2.com/empires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=50&v=ErA4jNfVSIM

I hope we can put together a small outfit and experience this the way its meant to be played.

Server wise;
    • Ceres is the most populated and generally even, sometimes Vanu are at a slight disadvantage number wise but I think there are a few good VS outfits on Ceres so that doesn't seem to matter. Generally it's even.
    • LithCorp is 60% NC most of the time so no point playing on that at all, while you will get a XP boost playing the other sides every fight will just be a inevitable zerg rush by NC which means playing NC is pointless as well.
    • Rashnu is all right not as even as Ceres but NC & VS are generally equal.

Going to set up a NC outfit on Ceres, if Eoin sets one up on Ceres for Terran and then someone sets up a Vanu later (not sure where)

Need to figure out some names for them.

Server wise;
    • Ceres is the most populated and generally even, sometimes Vanu are at a slight disadvantage number wise but I think there are a few good VS outfits on Ceres so that doesn't seem to matter. Generally it's even.
    • LithCorp is 60% NC most of the time so no point playing on that at all, while you will get a XP boost playing the other sides every fight will just be a inevitable zerg rush by NC which means playing NC is pointless as well.
    • Rashnu is all right not as even as Ceres but NC & VS are generally equal.

Going to set up a NC outfit on Ceres, if Eoin sets one up on Ceres for Terran and then someone sets up a Vanu later (not sure where)

Need to figure out some names for them.

Im lvl 15 NC on Ceres, I hope to reach 25 Mark by end of the weekend Iv over 1000 hours on PC as-well.

Anyone any idea why the Battle Cash is not showing up on my characters i purchased 5e 1 few weeks back noting and a 9.99 1 today and noting do you have to active it?

I set up an outfit this morning after work,2 of us in at the moment. Another lad be joining next time were on.

Terran on Ceres

Outfit is HeffOF,i know i know but i was tired after work and couldnt think of anything better!!
    Ill get an invite sorted for your terran chars on Ceres. If you wanna post their in game name here ill invite next time im on. AllthingsCP ill invite ye on PSN,i already have varik on PSN.

Just about to hit lvl 14 on terran ceres now as well.

Ive been trying to guide my mates through there first few hours and we have done ok. Now im starting to hit my knowledge limit for the game. I only logged about 30 hours on PC. So im still figuring stuff out as we go at this point. They understand deployment now though which really helps!

Lucky i did play a bit on PC though,the lads would really have not had the patience had they not had somone with at least a basic understanding of the game. Dont think ive ever played a game where over the mic ive heard "Where do we go next?" so many times though:)

I set up an outfit this morning after work,2 of us in at the moment. Another lad be joining next time were on.

Terran on Ceres

Outfit is HeffOF,i know i know but i was tired after work and couldnt think of anything better!!
    Ill get an invite sorted for your terran chars on Ceres. If you wanna post their in game name here ill invite next time im on. AllthingsCP ill invite ye on PSN,i already have varik on PSN.

Just about to hit lvl 14 on terran ceres now as well.

Ive been trying to guide my mates through there first few hours and we have done ok. Now im starting to hit my knowledge limit for the game. I only logged about 30 hours on PC. So im still figuring stuff out as we go at this point. They understand deployment now though which really helps!

Lucky i did play a bit on PC though,the lads would really have not had the patience had they not had somone with at least a basic understanding of the game. Dont think ive ever played a game where over the mic ive heard "Where do we go next?" so many times though:)

Ill, Open new Account as TR on Ceres and Join u also,

Ill, Open new Account as TR on Ceres and Join u also,

Cool ill add you in the morning on PSN and if you want to put the ingame name here ill add you to the outfit

@Varik
    Ill do the same when you have a character setup and ill join the NC outfit you have setup once i create a character in the morning for that faction.

Ill also suggest to the lads they join your outfits onece you have them setup

EDIT: NC on Ceres is ElHefe3,invite away and ill accept when im on

Cool ill add you in the morning on PSN and if you want to put the ingame name here ill add you to the outfit

@Varik
    Ill do the same when you have a character setup and ill join the NC outfit you have setup once i create a character in the morning for that faction.

Ill also suggest to the lads they join your outfits onece you have them setup

EDIT: NC on Ceres is ElHefe3,invite away and ill accept when im on

`PSN Name is AndrewTW1990
    No account yet but the name will be AndrewTW1990

Ill Also bring my brother he learning the ropes buts averages 2000pnts per live so that will make us nearly a whole Squad.

Ill try be on today i have to collect Partner and new baby from hospital.

• Advertisement

DreadNC

DreadVS

DreadTR

Won't be in until weekend, managed to get to 10 on tr and at 30 on nc.

Going to focus on medic and maybe sunderer with tr, more broad on nc.get lib later on.

Advertisement