Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cress

• 13-04-2015 9:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows where to get cress in Limerick. You know, for egg and cress sandwiches?

Every supermarket in England has it. Here I tried Dunnes and Tesco to no avail. Perhaps Superquinn?

I remember buying it in Roches back in the day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 baisisnhess

Would second lazeedaisy's suggestion on growing the stuff - there's some seeds selling at Garden World in Ellen street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Okay great, thanks guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Marks and spencer maybe?? ;-)

Yeah superquinn supervalue worth a shot. No way dunnes would have that. Tesco might have next month for one day and not for 3 months again.

IIRC it is ridiculously easy to grow in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Try the co-operative (LGC)
    http://www.limerickcommunitygrocery.com/

I dont know that they do have it but for sure its the kind of thing they very well may have.
    Its a great system they have setup and it looks like they are getting an overhaul.
    They currently work out of that old petrol station on mulgrave street Friday and saturdays only i think.
    Marty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

i see it in tesco from time to time. near the hommous, hummus whateverwayyouspellit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Marks and spencer maybe?? ;-)

Yeah superquinn supervalue worth a shot. No way dunnes would have that. Tesco might have next month for one day and not for 3 months again.

IIRC it is ridiculously easy to grow in fairness.

I'll have a look in Superquinn next time I'm out there, might try growing it too :)
    martyc5674 wrote: »
    Try the co-operative (LGC)
    http://www.limerickcommunitygrocery.com/

I dont know that they do have it but for sure its the kind of thing they very well may have.
    Its a great system they have setup and it looks like they are getting an overhaul.
    They currently work out of that old petrol station on mulgrave street Friday and saturdays only i think.
    Marty

I've been meaning to check that place out.
    Parchment wrote: »
    i see it in tesco from time to time. near the hommous, hummus whateverwayyouspellit.

I'll keep my eyes open. I saw broccoli sprouts for sale there but not cress.

Advertisement