Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower - no isolation switch

Options
  • 13-04-2015 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Does any one know if it is a need for a local isolation switch. I work in a place with an instantaneous electric shaver, wired to the distribution board. I am a bit concerned if there was some problem that there is no ready way to isolate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,095 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You must have an isolation switch. (I think no more than 2 meters from the shower ).

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You must have an isolation switch. (I think no more than 2 meters from the shower ).
    Thanks Sleeper . I wonder should I say this to my employer. But thank you for your response

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

Should the electric shower have RCD protection, I wonder - any way to check?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Report it to your employer

There is a legal obligation on all employees under the Health and Safety act to report any unsafe conditions at work to their employer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

adrian92 wrote: »
    Should the electric shower have RCD protection, I wonder - any way to check?

Yes and yes.

Look at the distribution board. If there is an RCD this is where it should be located. If there is an RCD feeding the shower then the shower will not operate when this device is turned off.

As above, report.
    This is an important safety device.

• Advertisement
Advertisement