Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Victim Blaming - Luis Suarez "They made me do it"

• 14-04-2015 8:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

So much for his apology anyway, there is just no redemption for this heinous man.

Link
    Suarez: Victims deserve some blame

Luis Suarez has accepted "some of the blame" should be aimed at him for biting three separate players, but maintains that his victims "provoked me".

"Some of the blame in the past was mine, some of it must go to the defenders who provoked me," the 28-year-old said.

"Chiellini and Ivanovic, for example, are two that wind you up again, and again, and again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

So much for his apology anyway, there is just no redemption for this heinous man.

Link

He'll do it again.

Basically it's other people's fault that he can't control his anger and acts like a 4 year old.

The mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Brainless comments.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Obsessed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I still love the ****ing crazy genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Still on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

On the plus side at least he didn't say the demonic cult that he is a member of urged him to do it, or indeed that he did it because of his past life as a cannibal.

"My favourite film growing up was always Hannibal, I could relate to that, I was a fiend for the classics, Dracula, Camilla, the taste of human flesh.I once bit the hand of a Uruguyan vendor when I was only a young child. They say you should never bite the hand that feeds you, but the hand in question as I saw it was the food."

-Luis Suarez on why footballers are so tasty to him, how Ivanovic tasted quite bitter and what his favourite seasoning on a human is : Cannibalistic Connundrums monthly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Still on this?

You mean still going on about something that happened in the past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Still on this?

If you want to blame anybody... #blamesuarez
    He's the one dragging it back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Nice headline even though he didn't say that. Should try get a job with a newspaper looks like you would be perfect. He just said that he was provoked but he should just stop talking about it now.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well if people insist on throwing their shoulders at the man what else could he do in all fairness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

suarez-dive.gif

Thread title is tabloid worthy. Its brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

paulbok wrote: »

What are you alluding to mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Love Suarez. He's such a little **** sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A hanging's the only answer. Can't bite if you're swinging from the gallows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Still on this?

I can't imagine how mental the football news you read must be that makes this interview not seem worth a mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I wonder if I throw something in quotation marks does it become true.

Messi ' ShanoTheSlayer is the best footballer I ever saw play in the Phoenix Park'

Suarez ' I once tried to bite ShanoTheSlayers shoulder but it was rock solid and I chipped a tooth

Eva Longeria 'ShanoTheSlayer he sure slayed me'

Change the title ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

paulbok wrote: »

I love the way people try to slag Liverpool fans about talking about the past when

Chelsea have none (EST. 2003)
    City have no future (R.I.P 2015)
    Arsenal keep talking about their last title "the invincible's" (10 years ago)
    Hell even Uniteds last win 2 years ago IS THE PAST

And there is no point talking about Villa fans who cant stop mentioning the time they fluked the European cup or when Everton where relevant. Spurs who?

Everyone talks about the past but it seems ok to talk about the past when referring to the 90's or the 00's

But thats just my two cents :o

Suarez may be a clown but he is still class and would still walk into any team in the world including Madrid

Mr.H wrote: »
    I love the way people try to slag Liverpool fans about talking about the past when

Chelsea have none (EST. 2003)
    City have no future (R.I.P 2015)
    Arsenal keep talking about their last title "the invincible's" (10 years ago)
    Hell even Uniteds last win 2 years ago IS THE PAST

And there is no point talking about Villa fans who cant stop mentioning the time they fluked the European cup or when Everton where relevant. Spurs who?

Everyone talks about the past but it seems ok to talk about the past when referring to the 90's or the 00's

But thats just my two cents :o

I'll be doing well to read a bigger pile of nonsense than that today... but the day is still young and this thread has the potential...

I'll be doing well to read a bigger pile of nonsense than that today... but the day is still young and this thread has the potential...

Calling it nonsense doesnt make it so. Believe what you want mate but its fact.

Every fan alludes to history.

Talking about premier league titles as if they are a different entity to the old 1st division the same as Champions league and European cups.

Of course you wont agree if you feel insulted by my last comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea have none (EST. 2003) - LOL.
    City have no future (R.I.P 2015) - See above.
    Arsenal keep talking about their last title "the invincible's" (10 years ago) - This is a fact, hard to argue with history.
    Hell even Uniteds last win 2 years ago IS THE PAST - See above.

And there is no point talking about Villa fans who cant stop mentioning the time they fluked the European cup - Do all Villa fans say and mention this?

or when Everton where relevant. Theyre still pretty relevant.

Spurs who? London based club, play in White.

So by my reckoning you've got 2 facts and a lot of waffle in the above post.

Every fan alludes to history.

Talking about premier league titles as if they are a different entity to the old 1st division the same as Champions league and European cups.

Of course you wont agree if you feel insulted by my last comment

Not insulted at all. I think it's nonsense because Chelsea have won a league and plenty of cups before 2003. It would be highly stupid to think City are finished as a top team. Aston Villa fans don't constantly bang on about their cup win, I reckon I know more Villa fans than your average Irish football fan would.
    You're also questioning the relevance of Spurs and Everton? Both have been competing with Liverpool for Europa places quite regularly with Spurs seemingly usurping Liverpool when it came down to battling for player signatures.

A lot of nonsense in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

What a fcuking legend!!! :D

Tbh if you proof read your own posts there's a fair chance you will...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

GavRedKing wrote: »

Actually it's only 1. Arsenal fans don't talk about the title winning team, they talk about how they are set for the future and how they have paid off stadium debts.

kfallon wrote: »
    Tbh if you proof read your own posts there's a fair chance you will...... ;)

There really isn't. Now I know how fascinated you lads are with me but if we could please stop turning it personal every time that would be just great. It's getting boring for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Actually it's only 1. Arsenal fans don't talk about the title winning team, they talk about how they are set for the future and how they have paid off stadium debts.

I was just about to say that.
    If he had written this last year then maybe it would be true but now we are all blissfully expecting to win the league for the next few years :pac:

There really isn't. Now I know how fascinated you lads are with me but if we could please stop turning it personal every time that would be just great. It's getting boring for everybody.

Christ.....talk about tickets on yourself!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

GavRedKing wrote: »

Mmmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Mmmmm...

I was expecting that to be blue :p:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

A thread about suarez quickly descends into Liverpool fans vs everyone else. Typical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

U1xHZ2x.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Have the t-shirts been brought out yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This was always going to be a car crash of a thread. The car is already overturned and the paramedics are on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

#blamegiorgio
    #itwasivansfault
    #ibitepeoplebecausetheyslaggedmeabit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

monkeys.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

God I miss Suarez.

Not insulted at all. I think it's nonsense because Chelsea have won a league and plenty of cups before 2003. It would be highly stupid to think City are finished as a top team. Aston Villa fans don't constantly bang on about their cup win, I reckon I know more Villa fans than your average Irish football fan would.
    You're also questioning the relevance of Spurs and Everton? Both have been competing with Liverpool for Europa places quite regularly with Spurs seemingly usurping Liverpool when it came down to battling for player signatures.

A lot of nonsense in there.

ej52ff0482.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

In response Patrice Evra has come out and said it's his fault he was racially abused:
    "Being born a black man is my fault along with my parents,I completely understand that it's this fact that led to Luis Suarez directing racial slurs towards me,it's not his fault and he is the innocent party,I'm sorry for being a black man and will follow Michael Jackson's example in trying to correct this and hopefully it won't happen in the future."

To be fair Suarez was a great laugh. He gave us all so much to talk about. He is like the Sarah Palin of football

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    In response Patrice Evra has come out and said it's his fault he was racially abused:
    "Being born a black man is my fault along with my parents,I completely understand that it's this fact that led to Luis Suarez directing racial slurs towards me,it's not his fault and he is the innocent party,I'm sorry for being a black man and will follow Michael Jackson's example in trying to correct this and hopefully it won't happen in the future."

lead-balloon.jpg

Knex. wrote: »
    U1xHZ2x.gif

48836657.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

If you want to blame anybody... #blamesuarez
    He's the one dragging it back up.

He voluntarily offered up the quote is it? Wasnt asked about it by a journalist or anything, okay then.

zerks wrote: »
    Embarrasing post. Try harder next time.

He voluntarily offered up the quote is it? Wasnt asked about it by a journalist or anything, okay then.

Someone held a knife to his throat and made him answer the question was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What a man I love the hatred he can still inspire. Not bad for a player that doesnt do it in the big games and doesnt score important goals.

Someone held a knife to his throat and made him answer the question was it?

J_B__Interrogation_Technique_by_Kersey475.jpg

What a man I love the hatred he can still inspire. Not bad for a player that doesnt do it in the big games and doesnt score important goals.

The hatred is because he bites and racially abuses his fellow professionals. Whatever you're into...

The hatred is because he bites and racially abuses his fellow professionals. Whatever you're into...

To be fair "stampy" Costa over at the Bridge doesnt get half the heat he should. Was it Coleman he headbutted at the start of the season?

But to be fair Suarez probably deserves the heat he gets

You must hate Cantona then I take it. Kung fu kicking a fan is worse than what Suarez done.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement