Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Victim Blaming - Luis Suarez "They made me do it"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MD1990 wrote: »
    Embarrasing post. Try harder next time.

Imagine if I typed what I really thought of Suarez and Liverpool's pathetic defense of him at the time.

1412934073423_wps_20_Kenny_Dalglish_wears_a_T_.jpg

What he did was cnutish,he went abroad but still couldn't let sleeping dogs lie,he's deluded if he thinks he's some kind of victim in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Even though he is a mad cannibal id have have him back at Liverpool in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Cantona, Costa, who's next, Zidane? Pepe?

And here I thought the thread was about Suarez. Almost like some are trying to deflect from him and the topic at hand, but that would be ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You must hate Cantona then I take it. Kung fu kicking a fan is worse than what Suarez done.

No I don't. He did what he did, took it on the chin and didn't do it again or whinge about it or bring it up in an interview to try and blame the fan... even though it was some scumbag that was goading him with xenophobic abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Liam O wrote: »

And here I thought the thread was about Suarez. Almost like some are trying to deflect from him and the topic at hand, but that would be ridiculous.

And dragging up the past again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

No I don't. He did what he did, took it on the chin and didn't do it again or whinge about it or bring it up in an interview to try and blame the fan... even though it was some scumbag that was goading him with xenophobic abuse.

Any evidence of this xenophobic abuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Worked for Zidane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Liam O wrote: »

I doubt anyone is defending or deflecting. His acts where disgusting. But in similar fashion these other thugs of football will also be mentioned.

For example talking about "biting" I'm sure we would all remember Tyson for his infamous "bite".
    Or Defoe for his bite on Masherano.
    How about the fact noone is talking about Juan Arango?? Who only bite a player last week.

The funniest story I read though has to be the Aussie lad who bite a players penis........................... (real story)

But as I said these funbag players will all be talked about in the same category. Terry and Lamps, Keano, Cantona, Vinnie Jones, Suarez, Pepe, Zidane, Ramos, Costa....................... they are all thugs and when we talk about one, I'm sure some of these other names will always appear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

emo72 wrote: »
    Even though he is a mad cannibal id have have him back at Liverpool in a heartbeat.

There's not a club in the Premier League that wouldn't have him in a heartbeat, not a club in the world actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I don't hate Cantona either but he was dirty. Its how alot of players are

Your incredibly hypocritical

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Mr.H wrote: »
    But as I said these scumbag players will all be talked about in the same category. Terry and Lamps, Keano, Cantona, Vinnie Jones, Suarez, Pepe, Zidane, Ramos, Costa....................... they are all thugs and when we talk about one, I'm sure some of these other names will always appear

Lampard? :confused:

Any evidence of this xenophobic abuse?

From a Telegraph article...
    There was a palpable tension in the air and, it transpired, Matthew Simmons rushed down 11 rows to hurl abuse. He memorably informed The Sun his exact words were: ‘Off you go Cantona – it’s an early bath for you!’ More reliable witnesses have suggested it involved Cantona’s mother, nationality and rather more swear words. Everyone knows what happened next.

He clearly didn't say what he said himself so I'll accept the circumstantial evidence.

http://entertainment.ie/man-cave/Eric-Cantona-arrested-for-London-assault/246577.htm

Yea he was always well behaved after that :rolleyes:

I don't hate Cantona either but he was dirty. Its how alot of players are

Your incredibly hypocritical

I never said he wasn't dirty. He was dirty. Suarez is dirty on top of the rest but I haven't mentioned that so I don't see how I'm being hypocritical.

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Apparently he gave Terry a spare johnny he had one night and Terry subsequently rode Bridge's Mrs with said johnny.

• Advertisement

Giggsy11 wrote: »

He Terry and a couple of others where slagging off a bunch of yanks (about 9/11) when they where drunk at an airport.

I never said he wasn't dirty. He was dirty. Suarez is dirty on top of the rest but I haven't mentioned that so I don't see how I'm being hypocritical.

Actually thats one thing I wouldnt say about Suarez. I dont think he has ever actually injured another player to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

LOL, I can't believe you's could actually be arsed doing all this again.

Later, we discuss if Rafa and Liverpool really are done.

monkey9 wrote: »
    LOL, I can't believe you's could actually be arsed doing all this again.

Later, we discuss if Rafa and Liverpool really are done.

Its all about the NET spend

From a Telegraph article...

He clearly didn't say what he said himself so I'll accept the circumstantial evidence.

And yet you choose to believe Suarez is a racist based on what exactly? One man's word against another?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

I doubt anyone is defending or deflecting....

lol, you are deflecting in this same post! It's called whataboutery.

Actually thats one thing I wouldnt say about Suarez. I dont think he has ever actually injured another player to be fair

Ah come on, he's definitely done his best to. He usually pretends he's injured himself when he tries to do someone, it's his tell.

And yet you choose to believe Suarez is a racist based on what exactly? One man's word against another?

Yeah, it's the same thing, circumstantial evidence. It's the most likely thing to have happened without absolute proof.

Sure Ferdinand was taking heroin and when called upon for a drug test he was in Colombia riding trannys using 'warm weather training' as a cover up. Chumbag.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Cool thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I thought the word "scumbag" was banned form this little corner of the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ah come on, he's definitely done his best to. He usually pretends he's injured himself when he tries to do someone, it's his tell.

Were you wearing your blue jumper?

gimmick wrote: »
    I thought the word "scumbag" was banned form this little corner of the internet?

*chumbag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Is this a wind up?

Yeah, it's the same thing, circumstantial evidence. It's the most likely thing to have happened without absolute proof.

So you are just as likely to believe Suarez over Evra based on the same reasons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I had a jam sandwich for lunch, it's in the past now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

This thread is no good for the forum.

Don't forget the strawberries that made that possible. It's all about history.

So you are just as likely to believe Suarez over Evra based on the same reasons?

No because Suarez admitted calling him Negro, this always gets conveniently forgotten.

is it??? :o

Changed to Funbag. Sorry everyone It's my first week so still learning what cant and cant be said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's beyond belief that some Liverpool fans still try to defend the racism, if the tshirts weren't bad enough at the time

No because Suarez admitted calling him Negro, this always gets conveniently forgotten.

And Evra has a record of false accusations which is also forgotten about...............

And Evra has a record of false accusations which is also forgotten about...............

He doesn't, even if he did it doesn't take away from the fact that Suarez admitted it does it?

It's beyond belief that some Liverpool fans still try to defend the racism, if the tshirts weren't bad enough at the time

Do United fans condemn Ferdinand for his choc ice comment? :D

ah the internet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

If someone admits to something it's hardly an accusation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

No he doesn't.

Ps the word "scumbag" is not banned, you're just not allowed to abuse people.

He doesn't, even if he did it doesn't take away from the fact that Suarez admitted it does it?

He admitted saying the word black in spanish.............. not calling him a "nigro"

If you hurt somebody making it,it's apparently their fault though.

Pro. F wrote: »
    No he doesn't.

Ps the word "scumbag" is not banned, you're just not allowed to abuse people.

Ah thats fair enough :D

luissuarezoutrageoustac.gif

• Advertisement

He admitted saying the word black in spanish.............. not calling him a "nigro"

No, he admitted calling him a negro. This is a fact, I suggest you read up on it before you argue any further.

"Por que Negro" I believe was the comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Gav must be bored today, cant see any other reason why this is still open. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So Patrice Evra claimed he was racially abused and Suarez received a punishment for same following a media frenzy.
    Suarez bit Ivanovic and was rightly banned for a decent period of time. Another media frenzy ensued while Ivanovic displayed a huge amount of class and restraint
    Suarez then bit Chiellini and got a huge ban. Media frenzy turbo drives were again engaged; the victim again displayed a huge amount of class and restraint.

Somewhere in all of that Suarez became one of the very best and highest paid players in the world and continues to light it up on the field.

What more is there to say? He did things people were furious about; he received ever harsher sanctions for same. He continued to go out and destroy opponents on the field and rise to the very top of the game. Seems like everyone won?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So Patrice Evra claimed he was racially abused and he received a punishment for same following a media frenzy.
    Suarez bit Ivanovic and was rightly banned for a decent period of time. Another media frenzy ensued while Ivanovic displayed a huge amount of class and restraint
    Suarez then bit Chiellini and got a huge ban. Media frenzy turbo drives were again engaged; the victim again displayed a huge amount of class and restraint.

Somewhere in all of that Suarez became one of the very best and highest paid players in the world and continues to light it up on the field.

What more is there to say? He did things people were furious about; he received ever harsher sanctions for same. He continued to go out and destroy opponents on the field and rise to the very top of the game. Seems like everyone won?

You'd think he would like to have put it behind him and keep his mouth shut so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Everyone apart from those of us who expect some level of decorum and decency from our role models*.

*not everyone

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement