Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Victim Blaming - Luis Suarez "They made me do it"

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

You'd think he would like to have put it behind him and keep his mouth shut so.

it was trying to shut his mouth that has him in this predicament!

:pac: <-- bitey emoticon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

He doesn't, even if he did it doesn't take away from the fact that Suarez admitted it does it?
    He admitted saying the word black in spanish.............. not calling him a "nigro"
    No, he admitted calling him a negro. This is a fact, I suggest you read up on it before you argue any further.

"Por que Negro" I believe was the comment.

You mean that spanish comment that you just said isnt spanish???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Everyone apart from those of us who expect some level of decorum and decency from our role models*.

*not everyone

Sounds like you'll never be happy so, my sympathies. This is football. It's not a moral game and is filled by chumbags from top to bottom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Am I recalling it right, when the whole Suarez/Evra thing happened, did Evra call him a 'dirty South American' or say something about his sister or was all that unfounded?

I remember it being mentioned but was it ever proven or admitted to in the inquiry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mr.H wrote: »
    You mean that spanish comment that you just said isnt spanish???

No matter how hard you try to squirm his way out of it for him, he admitted it himself. No need to try anything else to change that FACT.

Everyone apart from those of us who expect some level of decorum and decency from our role models*.

*not everyone

This is something that gets to me also.

Should we actually expect these people to be role models??

I mean why are these people our role models? Do we actually aspire to be Suarez or Ronaldo or Messi, or do we just love to watch them play?

kfallon wrote: »
    Am I recalling it right, when the whole Suarez/Evra thing happened, did Evra call him a 'dirty South American' or say something about his sister or was all that unfounded?

I remember it being mentioned but was it ever proven or admitted to in the inquiry?

Yea but he never said anything considered racist................... :rolleyes:

No matter how hard you try to squirm his way out of it for him, he admitted it himself. No need to try anything else to change that FACT.

Your talking rubbish mate. You cant say a sentence in spanish and claim that just because the words look similar that they are the same word

If Suarez said "your a dirty dub" could we just say that he was being racist because the word Dub is almost like Dubh which means black in irish

But yea lets not leave a really valid point cloud your argument

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I mean why are these people our role models? Do we actually aspire to be Suarez or Ronaldo or Messi, or do we just love to watch them play?

Can't believe you threw Suarez in that bracket with those 2 :pac:

Yeh I'd love to be Ronaldo or Messi! Money money money moneyyyyyyyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I certainly don't aspire to be Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

rob316 wrote: »
    Gav must be bored today, cant see any other reason why this is still open. :pac:

On lunch actually. :o

Anyway, this has the way we all expected, I'm closing this down before it gets worse.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement