Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

West Limerick classic car servicing

Options
  • 14-04-2015 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys. I'm looking for someone who is able to service a classic car in the west Limerick area. MG Midget won't start as the fuel pump is either blocked or needs replacing!! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

Don't know about the Midget but I owned Morris Oxfords and Austin Cambridges many moons ago and they had an electric fuel pump in the boot .

The points in the pump used to stick sometimes and if you tapped the pump casing it often got the pump working again . Of course it could stick again but if got you going then you knew where the problem lay .

I often opened the pump up and cleaned the contacts but a new pump would probably be your best option .
    If you do some work on it yourself you could remove the fuel pipe from the carb , put the end into a jar for example and switch on the ignition - do not start it .
    If pump is working it should pump fuel into the jar .
    I think the MG Magnette and Wolseley 16/60 also used a similar system - so would expect the MG Midget to be similar ( some may have the pump in the engine bay instead of the boot and the pumps differ I think - one is for pushing ( boot ) and one is for pulling (engine bay )

Advertisement