Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snake Oil?

• 14-04-2015 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right forum for this question?

In my Amazon Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought recommendations I got this Aulterra Whole House Plug - Neutralizes EMFs at home or at work and my first thoughts were "Snake Oil". Am I right to think that or does the device have any merits?

Edit> Just read all the reviews and I noticed someone has commented "Snake Oil" and given one star but still a couple of good reviews giving five stars :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

Snake oil.

Love this: 'These EMFs have been proven to potentially cause a variety of diseases in the body.

Proven to potentially cause? Give me a break.

I'd love to know how it actually 'neutralises' the EMF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

gouche wrote: »
    Snake oil.

Love this: 'These EMFs have been proven to potentially cause a variety of diseases in the body.

Proven to potentially cause? Give me a break.

I'd love to know how it actually 'neutralises' the EMF.

I think a large roll of baking foil would be more useful?

I looked up another of the companies products the Aulterra Mobile Phone EMF / RF Neutralizer

And some of the claims are just brilliant :Dhttp://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3VXQ5V3EK92L1/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?
    The material inside the Aulterra Neutralizer Discs is made from a patented blend of paramagnetic elements including cerium and lanthanum and a rare inorganic compound derived from a crystalline mineral found in only one known site in the world. Reproducible tests prove that the Aulterra material retunes the EMF frequencies of electronic devices into coherent energy. Once the frequencies are converted, they no longer harm to your DNA.

Sorry looks like I should have posted this in the Star Trek forum :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Incredible thing is they're advertising these miracle machines because there's suckers out there buying them!

Snake oil.

Back EMF is just negative power factor.

This guy is a little hard to be patient with, very methodical, if you stick with him the answer's in there. Also part 1 and 2 are worth a watch to get the basics of power quality.

Forgive me for jumping in without reading the amazon links but it's harmless from a health point of view, it's just back feeding power.

Advertisement