Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamp Duty Offer was not offered - How to obtain?

Options
  • 14-04-2015 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I drew down a Mortgage with BOI approx 12 months ago. 

There were various offers made at the time of application (i.e free house insurance etc), but we did not take up any of the offers. Shortly prior to us drawing down the Mortgage, the Stamp Duty offer came into place, where the BOI pays your stamp duty (as long as there was no other offers obtained). 

I believe the offer was available if the Mortgage was drawn down after 01/04/2014 - we drew down a few days after this.

I contacted BOI here, and was told that the payment would be made automatically. No payment was made, and the Stamp Duty offer was never actually mentioned or offered to me. 

Could this be looked into for me please? I have tried repeatedly to contact my local branch, but they seem to be ignoring the ringing phone. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Hi,

There were various offers made at the time of application (i.e free house insurance etc), but we did not take up any of the offers. Shortly prior to us drawing down the Mortgage, the Stamp Duty offer came into place, where the BOI pays your stamp duty (as long as there was no other offers obtained). 

I believe the offer was available if the Mortgage was drawn down after 01/04/2014 - we drew down a few days after this.

I contacted BOI here, and was told that the payment would be made automatically. No payment was made, and the Stamp Duty offer was never actually mentioned or offered to me. 

Could this be looked into for me please? I have tried repeatedly to contact my local branch, but they seem to be ignoring the ringing phone. Thank you
    Hi gerrybadd,

Thanks for posting.

If you would like to send us a PM with the name(s) on your account and the branch where your account is held with, we will be happy to arrange a call from a Mortgage Advisor.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hi,

Hi gerrybadd,

Thanks for posting.

If you would like to send us a PM with the name(s) on your account and the branch where your account is held with, we will be happy to arrange a call from a Mortgage Advisor.

Thanks

Billy
    Hi Billy.

I seem unable to send a PM to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi,

Hi gerrybadd,

Thanks for posting.

Thanks

Billy
    Hi Billy.

Hi gerybadd, 

I've sent you a PM. 
    If you can respond to that, I'll be in touch shortly. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hi,

Hi gerrybadd,

Thanks for posting.

Thanks

Billy
    Hi Billy.

Hi gerybadd, 

I've sent you a PM. 
    If you can respond to that, I'll be in touch shortly. 

Thanks

Billy
    Thanks Billy, replied there

Advertisement