Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mooncoin - Road work

• 14-04-2015 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

Is anyone know when the roadworks are going to start in Mooncoin, there are screens in place indicating "Roadwork ahead, expect long delay until late 2015" but it doesn't mention when it is going to start and what they are for? Any ideas. Thanks.
    Caroline

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Think they're doing a major resurface and traffic calming of the N24 through the town/village. Shame it's not the badly needed bypass. No idea when it's starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I wasn't up there recently but I think they are doing "road calming measures" that includes footpath widening among other things.Not too sure really and I can't even find a link anywhere.I think there was a piece on it some time back about it in the "Munster Express" newspaper.

If the council are doing it god knows when it will start (or finish)........:P:D

Though if you are cycling on the main street, you are a sitting duck with the traffic for sure, not to mention the rough road.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

Passed through there recently and work has begun.as to how long it will take who's knows,there's a fair bit of disruption going on to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

The electronic sign says 8 months. The council website says 9 months. Either way, it seems a long time.

There's a PDF showing the works here if anyone is interested. Maps on the last few pages if you want to skip the waffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I just go up through the new road and chapel street and hope that no one is blocking the junction at the bus stop and then turn right towards carrick on suir(or vice versa) and avoid the que. Have to watch out for cars coming up though:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement