Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding needed for start up

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Don't know your situation regards your age, education etc. but its great to keep an eye on any entrepreneurial competitions that are running. A lot of them have brilliant prize money and if you have a good idea and put the work in, than you will be in with a good shot of doing well.

Some to mention are the 'Irish Best Young Entrepreneur Competition' for under 30's (€10,000 prize money at county level alone which isn't competitive at all!). 'Schull' business awards in Galway, any university/college run competitions, 'The Ireland Funds Business Plan competition' and there's a good few more! Don't know what time of the year they are run but the ones that I have mentioned all come with a minimum first prize of €10,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭readytorock

tacofries wrote: »
    Don't know your situation regards your age, education etc. but its great to keep an eye on any entrepreneurial competitions that are running. A lot of them have brilliant prize money and if you have a good idea and put the work in, than you will be in with a good shot of doing well.

Some to mention are the 'Irish Best Young Entrepreneur Competition' for under 30's (€10,000 prize money at county level alone which isn't competitive at all!). 'Schull' business awards in Galway, any university/college run competitions, 'The Ireland Funds Business Plan competition' and there's a good few more! Don't know what time of the year they are run but the ones that I have mentioned all

Hi
    Thanks for your reply! Yes i was a finalist in the ibye 2014 in the best new startup category and then enterpeise irelands new frontier programme. Didnt win unfortunately losing out to an app concept called bettertalk!

The schull business awards is something i havent heard of but will certainly look into!

Thanks for the feedback and if you hear of anything dont hesitate to let me know!

Cheers

Advertisement