Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Pls - Need to find a new boarding / home boarding for my dog :(

• 14-04-2015 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

(Sorry, bit of a panicked long post)

Really need some help. Our usual boarding kennels (which are brilliant & he loved) are moving premises and are unable to commit to looking after my dog in June.

Can anyone recommended either a small boarding kennel or a home boarding service for my dog in the Sth Dublin area (I don't drive..If needs must I could get a lift)

When we were away at Christmas our usual place was full so we had to put him in somewhere else (I won't name) This was a large facility and he didn't like it at all, and lost a huge amount of weight. They weren't very helpful, even tho I called them with a few suggestions to get him to eat. They also never gave him his supplements or read the forms they asked us to fill out!! Other people seem to think they are great, so It could have just been bad luck! But they are defo out for us this time.

I would love to find him somewhere which offers as close to what hes used to as possible. Small, not too many dogs, enclosed safe area for exercise (I don't trust him off lead without us there) time for socialization with other dogs and humans.

I would ideally like to find somewhere and try him there for a night before committing to a longer period. He's a wee bit spoiled and used to his home comforts and human slaves so I know putting him in anywhere is not without problems.

If anyone has any first hand recommendations I would love to hear them. Cost not too much of a concern (within reason..lol) I just want to find him somewhere he will be reasonably happy and stimulated properly. I hate the idea of him being stuck in a kennel all day. He's good with other dogs, is well socialized, has basic/intermediate training and is really friendly.

Thank you and sorry for the long post. I am gutted our usual place is out. It totally ruined my dream holiday in December when I saw pics of him and he looked to scrawny..I just knew he was unhappy. I'm only going away for a short while this time tho.

Thanks again :)

Comments

Advertisement