Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec system requiring some work

Options
  • 14-04-2015 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Apologies if this is covered somewhere already (I looked but couldn't see it), but I have just moved into a house and it has an Astec system in it. Now the control unit seems to be working fine but I was advised by the previous occupier that some of the front window sensors are "over sensitive" and need adjusting.

Turns out one of them is gone entirely and all that remains is the inner element sellotaped to the window frame. So I'm going to need replacement window sensors, but from my initial investigations this seems to be potentially impossible now due to Astec no longer being around and their systems only working with their own stuff. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

There is other equipment that will work with the Astec Alarm . No problem at all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

That's good to hear, thanks.

I rang the company who looked like they serviced it previously (before I did any research) and it sounded like they were potentially powerless to do anything with it based on the chat I had with them so it concerned me slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

dar83 wrote: »

I rang the company who looked like they serviced it previously (before I did any research) and it sounded like they were potentially powerless to do anything with it based on the chat I had with them so it concerned me slightly.

Any global sensor will work with the Astec system.
    Most just dont want to sell you a new system but if that is all you have wrong with it then replace the sensor. It is obsolete but easily fixable too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

dar83 wrote: »

There are plenty of options to replace sensors, contacts ,PiRs & bells on the Astec system. If there is an issues with the panel the GSD i70 is a good solution as an upgrade as well.

Advertisement