Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero Live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Next batch. Definitely on the heavier side.

Royal Blood "Little Monster"
    Marilyn Manson "Disposable Teens"
    Killswitch Engage "In Due Time"
    Marmozets "Move Shake Hide"
    Of Mice & Men "Bones Exposed"
    Deftones "Diamond Eyes"
    Vista Chino "Sweet Remain"
    Bring Me the Horizon "Shadow Moses"
    Mastodon "High Road"
    Trivium "Strife"

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/05/heres_your_next_helping_of_guitar_hero_live_tracks

10 more.... Up to 44 by my count now.

Halestorm - "Love Bites (So Do I)"
    Tenacious D - "Tribute"
    Beartooth - "I Have A Problem"
    Pearl Jam - "Mind Your Manners"
    Rise Against - "Tragedy + Time"
    Soundgarden - "Been Away Too Long"
    Anthrax - "Got The Time"
    Architects - "Gravedigger"
    Chevelle - "The Clincher"
    A Day To Remember - "Right Back At It Again"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Some decent Hardcore/Metalcore tracks showing up now

Next batch.... a bit softer than the last few batches.

Queen "Tie Your Mother Down"
    Alice In Chains "Stone"
    Bullet For My Valentine "Temper Temper"
    Deap Vally "Lies"
    Wolfmother "Sundial"
    Weezer "Buddy Holly"
    Angus & Julia Stone "A Heartbreak"
    Catfish and the Bottlemen "Kathleen"
    Neon Trees "Everybody Talks"
    New Politics "Harlem"

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/06/02/guitar-hero-lives-next-10-songs-revealed

Some expert gameplay (with guitar controls included). Looks hard. :o

• Advertisement

Xtravision/HMV have this up for pre-order and listed at €139.99 :eek:

Not like we are talking a full band kit this time around it's just guitar in this iteration.

Most others in or around the same.Good luck to them with that. No sale!!!!!!! It'll be half that by Xmas or soon after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

good luck getting anyone to shell out over 100 quid for just the game and guitar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

good luck getting anyone to shell out over 100 quid for just the game and guitar.

Rock band is more ..... £110 pound with a Guitar and the game on amazon at the moment and if you wont the drums and Guitar its £220 pound :eek:

Rock band is more ..... £110 pound with a Guitar and the game on amazon at the moment and if you wont the drums and Guitar its £220 pound :eek:

Ah thing there is though you can take or leave the new instruments with RB , the old ones will work (I think ?)

That said though, theres no telling what condition mine are in once i blow the dust off 'em and take then down from the attic :P

Ah thing there is though you can take or leave the new instruments with RB , the old ones will work (I think ?)

That said though, theres no telling what condition mine are in once i blow the dust off 'em and take then down from the attic :P

But we will still have to but the add for the controllers and we have no idea what so ever how much its going to cost as i am not expecting it to be cheap at all. I say the controller thing will be at lest 30 euros at the min

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

have my GH Band set in the attic, think I might bring it down and annoy the OH :D

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

But we will still have to but the add for the controllers and we have no idea what so ever how much its going to cost as i am not expecting it to be cheap at all. I say the controller thing will be at lest 30 euros at the min

Harmonix the creators of RB have described the controller adapter as being "low cost". Hopefully this means they'll keep it as low as possible. I can't seem them pricing it at 30 euros, that'd be almost half the cost of the game itself. It's in their interest to keep the adapter as low as price as possible because that will encourage the potential market of old Rockband players to get their instruments out of storage and buy the new game.

There's no point in using the fact that the old instruments are still compatible as a selling point if they then turn around and discourage purchases by pricing the adapter too high.

Greyjoy wrote: »
    Harmonix the creators of RB have described the controller adapter as being "low cost". Hopefully this means they'll keep it as low as possible. I can't seem them pricing it at 30 euros, that'd be almost half the cost of the game itself. It's in their interest to keep the adapter as low as price as possible because that will encourage the potential market of old Rockband players to get their instruments out of storage and buy the new game.

There's no point in using the fact that the old instruments are still compatible as a selling point if they then turn around and discourage purchases by pricing the adapter too high.

But your idea and Harmonix idea of low cost are completely different things. Considering we haveint seen this adapter yet witch i find extremely strange with the way there hyping using the old controllers on the new consoles as they will have to make a adapter for both xbox and PS4 as both use different controllers as the old PS3 ones will need a USB hub to plug in the Wireless usb things you needed for the controllers for Guitar hero. But the xbox ones will be completely different as they don't need the USB hub what so ever.

I say the min cost will be at lest 20 euros. But with there price of there guitar and game being about 140 euros i wont be holding out for a low cost adapter. I am shocked they still haveint put up a price for game and adapter yet as i know myself thats the one i will be going for.

Another 10.... I hate to say this, but I'm looking forward to getting another plastic guitar for my living room. About 6 weeks away now. :)

Pearl Jam: Sirens
    Surfer Blood: Demon Dance
    Gerard Way: No Shows
    Orianthi: According to You
    Haim: The Wire
    Tonight Alive: The Ocean
    Lamb of God: Ghost Walking
    36 Crazyfists: Also Am I
    Wavves: Demon to Lean On
    Passenger: Let Her Go

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Guessing the guitar won't be compatible with the new Rock Band? Would get both, but not sure i can justify two sets of plastic guitars :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I say the min cost will be at lest 20 euros. But with there price of there guitar and game being about 140 euros i wont be holding out for a low cost adapter. I am shocked they still haveint put up a price for game and adapter yet as i know myself thats the one i will be going for.

Turns out that the only people who will need to buy an adapter to make last gen instruments work are the people who were foolish enough to buy an Xbone.

The PS3 instruments are confirmed to work with the PS4 without any adapters. The Bone version is going to cost at least $20 more as a result.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Turns out that the only people who will need to buy an adapter to make last gen instruments work are the people who were foolish enough to buy an Xbone.

The PS3 instruments are confirmed to work with the PS4 without any adapters. The Bone version is going to cost at least $20 more as a result.

All my instruments are from the Xbox 360 so even if I had a PS4 they wouldnt work.

$20 dosent bother me if it means I get to use my George Harrison guitar again.

Why are we foolish to buy a xbox one ?. I have all 3 consoles WII U, Xbox one and PS4 and the one i use the must is the Xbox one as its a better console then the PS4 better controller better online better 1st party games i could go on about it i don't think i was foolish to buy it at all.

Whats 20 euros for a Adapter ?. As i don't mind at all as its great that i can use my Xbox Guitars and drums again with my xbox one.

The PS4 will still need an adapter - the reason the PS3 instruments will work is because they originally came with a usb dongle. PS4 players can just re-use that usb adapter. I've spent god knows how much on dlc tracks for Rock Band on the 360. Upgrading to an xbox1 means that the bulk of my RB library of songs will get transferred over.

The PS4 will still need an adapter - the reason the PS3 instruments will work is because they originally came with a usb dongle. PS4 players can just re-use that usb adapter. I've spent god knows how much on dlc tracks for Rock Band on the 360. Upgrading to an xbox1 means that the bulk of my RB library of songs will get transferred over.

I forgot about DLC songs carrying over!! I must have close to a hundred.

Will RB1, 2 and lego songs carry over like they did to 3?

• Advertisement

Will RB1, 2 and lego songs carry over like they did to 3?

As far as I know if you've exported RB1, 2 & Lego RB already they'll carry over into RB4. Harmonix have been a bit cagey on details around exporting RB3 itself. A RB3 export won't be available when RB4 launches but it seems like Harmonix are working on it.

As far as I know if you've exported RB1, 2 & Lego RB already they'll carry over into RB4. Harmonix have been a bit cagey on details around exporting RB3 itself. A RB3 export won't be available when RB4 launches but it seems like Harmonix are working on it.

Lovely!

Ill never run out of songs to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

I wasn't really bothered with Guitar Hero Live but GHTV has me interested. I'll be buying rockband anyway but if GHTV turns out to be good I'll end up getting both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

The PS4 will still need an adapter.

Literally every article I've read has said otherwise.

You'll still obviously need the dongle but you'll already have that if you have the PS3 instruments

So is anyone else going to be picking this up other then me ?.

As you can see from the Rockband 4 thread that no one can get a copy for the xbox one unless there buying the game with the guitar or band in the box and the PS4 version loads of the DLC dos not work.

So are people going to take the risk on the new guitar hero then ?.

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00W1E4PHC?keywords=guitar%20hero&qid=1444319794&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

It works out at like 76 posted for free from Amazon France for a PS4 or Xbox one copy.

Ive just never been a big GH fan. Always think they over complicate the note chart just to make songs harder.

Never feels like youre playing the song. Just a load of random notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Mr E wrote: »

Didn't realise it was essentially a Pay-to-Play game, will definitely be giving this a miss. Looks like RB is the way to go this year.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Didn't realise it was essentially a Pay-to-Play game, will definitely be giving this a miss. Looks like RB is the way to go this year.

Myself I love the live TV side of it as it looks like so much fun to play as you neve know what songs your going to end up playing and I like that quite a lot as myself I am a huge fan of music and like everything from Indie to rock to metal to pop to dance I will give anything a go music wise as long as it sounds good. I love the idea of going from a A7X song to someone like calvin Harris as that's the way I play music so in a game I am delighted with it.

The new guitar is post to be great and everyone in the reviews has said you won't go back to the 5 buttons again after it as it just fells strange.

Myself I have the game bought from amazon francesca for like 70 euros and if I get maybe 50 hours out of it I am delighted.

As I am playing rock band 4 myself and I am fairly board of it as it's more of the same as they didn't try anything new expect for the free style solos that I hate song turned them off. I would give rock band 4 a 7/10 so next week I will be posting my findings of the new guitar hero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Myself I love the live TV side of it as it looks like so much fun to play as you neve know what songs your going to end up playing and I like that quite a lot as myself I am a huge fan of music and like everything from Indie to rock to metal to pop to dance I will give anything a go music wise as long as it sounds good. I love the idea of going from a A7X song to someone like calvin Harris as that's the way I play music so in a game I am delighted with it.

The new guitar is post to be great and everyone in the reviews has said you won't go back to the 5 buttons again after it as it just fells strange.

Myself I have the game bought from amazon francesca for like 70 euros and if I get maybe 50 hours out of it I am delighted.

As I am playing rock band 4 myself and I am fairly board of it as it's more of the same as they didn't try anything new expect for the free style solos that I hate song turned them off. I would give rock band 4 a 7/10 so next week I will be posting my findings of the new guitar hero

Did you get free shipping from Amazon Fr?

Advertisement