Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero Live

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Did you get free shipping from Amazon Fr?

I was really cheap there a few weeks ago I had a look there the game was 62 and the shipping was 10 euros so 72 euros that is a bargin in my books but I have no idea when I am going to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I was really cheap there a few weeks ago I had a look there the game was 62 and the shipping was 10 euros so 72 euros that is a bargin in my books but I have no idea when I am going to get it.

It's €109 in Smyths and €130 in robbing bastardStop!

I think I'll just get in Smyths.

Got a email from amazon France there this morning got refunded another 5 euros so the game cost me the grand total of 67 euros :O.

To make it sound crazier it's cheaper then rock band 4 on the xbox one lol

Got a email from amazon France there this morning got refunded another 5 euros so the game cost me the grand total of 67 euros :O.

To make it sound crazier it's cheaper then rock band 4 on the xbox one lol

I bought it Friday, I though **** it I'd rather just pay the money now and have it rather than be waiting to save a few quid, it's alright so far, I've already put in about 10 hours :O

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Prices have really dropped already online, picked up the single guitar bundle for E65 over the weekend on Amazon.de, they were offering a discount code, its still E80 now without it.

• Advertisement

Got this after a week of waiting for it to show.

Played a bit of it before I headed to work.

It's different and I find it more fun to play then rock band. The new 2 lines of buttons really add something new to the game and I am getting fairy used to them now as it's a huge change coming from the 5 button layout. I would be playing rockband 4 on export and playing on the mid lv on guitar hero and finding it hard getting used to moving up and down to the black and white I have moved up to hard now and it's fairly OK as it's moving a lot faster and I am move used to the speed.

The soundtrack OK there is barely anything on the disk but I love it. As what's there would be my play list of music at a house party and everything you can song along to.

Guitar hero TV is so much fun as you never know what you might be playing next and they had a Emo hour earlier and I never had so much fun playing songs in my life as nearly everything on it was the music I played as a teenager.

I would give it a 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I put it on at 10pm just to try a track or two, and ended up playing for over two hours straight. What a great game. It's tough (but fun) learning what is essentially a new instrument.

I can see myself putting A LOT of hours into this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Good to hear. My copy should arrive Thursday. What platform you guys on?

Wii U for me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Ah, see you soon then my friend <3

• Advertisement

This is £55 (around e77) on amazon.co.uk for PS4 and XB1 at the moment

E77 in argos now as well.

Sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Have one reserved in Argos for today. Seems like such a good price but still pondering over whether I need it or not at the moment with plenty of day one games coming up.

I bought it on launch for €110 and don't regret it, get it if your into these games, it's great fun.

I intended to play about 30 mins last night, ended up on it for 3 hours...

GHTV is really good fun. I ended up playing songs I'd never normally consider playing and enjoying it a lot. The sheer amount of songs already available is awesome and the fact that you can choose not to pay for playing specific songs really is a game changer.

I used to play RB/GH in expert, last night I spent my time switching between Regular/Advanced :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Picked this up for 40 in Smyths and it's ****ing awesome. Didn't think I'd play GHTV much until my next set in career was a bit shyte so gave it a go. '1 more tune' has a whole new meaning. Huge list of songs to choose from but even the live channel is class. Same as above, playing stuff i would never have picked and really enjoying it. 1D can **** right off though.

I used to be an Expert on the old ones but the black and white quick changes are getting the better of me at the moment.

PS. Ah the ol GH 'room moving upwards after playing the game' how i haven't missed you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Never played one of these before; thinking of picking it up for 40 quid in Smyths! Decent craic is it? Looking for something fun and different

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp well worth 40, it's so addictive. One more tune and all that. I'm finding career mode a bit boring solely because a lot of the songs are shyte. Having to play rhianna, avril lavigne and some other pop princess in a row was pure torture. Makes me just had to GHTV instead, the 24x7 music channels to play a larger much better song list.

Anyone know if the career mode gets better? (Better songs)

It's short. You'll breeze through it in a couple of nights.

http://guitarhero.wikia.com/wiki/Setlist_in_Guitar_Hero_Live

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp well worth 40, it's so addictive. One more tune and all that. I'm finding career mode a bit boring solely because a lot of the songs are shyte. Having to play rhianna, avril lavigne and some other pop princess in a row was pure torture. Makes me just had to GHTV instead, the 24x7 music channels to play a larger much better song list.

Anyone know if the career mode gets better? (Better songs)

It depends on your taste in music, I'd never heard of most of the songs but still enjoyed playing them in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Picked this up today for 39.99! Never played such a game before. Hopefully will get some enjoyment from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Are there any other music video games like Guitar Hero Live?

Doodleking wrote: »
    Are there any other music video games like Guitar Hero Live?

Lips on Xbox 360 comes to mind but thats more karaoke. Can't think of any others.

Love if Rock Band did one like that , always preferred their charting.

Advertisement