Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand tickets

Options
  • 14-04-2015 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭

So im looking to buy two tickets, I am sure they are off a very nice genuine person, but worse case scenario.....is it possible they could sell me the tickets and then cancel them?? I get to the gig and am not allowed in??
    Im sure everything will be fine, but I am a little nervous :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It's extremely difficult to cancel physical tickets. I'd have an issue if they were the Ticketfast printed ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mel123

Thanks for the reply. The seller has said they are hard copy tickets as opposed to the ticketfast ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I'd trust someone on www.toutless.com with a posting history more than someone on donedeal or ebay, have you checked there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mel123

Hi
    Yes its toutless where I got them, but its a new poster which makes me just a little nervous. As I said could be all genuine, but im just wondering if there was a way they could scam me by cancelling the tickets and me turning up to the gig and getting refused - I want to bring someone with me as a birthday present, would be pretty embarrassing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

It is possible to cancel pretty much any ticket with a barcode though tickets bought for cash from a kiosk are very unlikely to be (I've heard of people still managing to get such tickets reissued so I wouldn't say impossible). I'd recommend you read our guide on this and if you are still worried feel free to drop me a message on Toutless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

I was in doubt once when buying VERY decent seats for face value on Toutless. (This was about PDF tickets to be emailed after payment). I asked the seller if he was able to provide his work email and send me a reply from there to a mail I sent. No one wants an angry ripped off person appearing on his place of work, so that put my mind at ease. (Tickets turned out to be genuine, as expected).
    Note: Sending a forged email from any account is easy. Proving to be able to receive email there is the only true verification.

As a previous poster said: tickets ordered by mail can be easily canceled. On call telling ticketmaster that the tickets haven't arrived and they void the barcode and reissue them.

Best thing is to meet in person and take a picture of the sellers ID (or use the email verification that I suggested). :)

Advertisement