Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Shoei GT Air

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

For helmets i find it hard to find better review than Revzilla. They are very indepth more so with their youtube videos it covers pretty much most questions you might have on it

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/shoei-gt-air-wanderer-helmet

id recommend the youtube reviews too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Quality lid, friend of mine got one at the NEC in November and its the bizzo. Ticks all the boxes for fit and comfort, can be a tad noisey iirc he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Quality lid, friend of mine got one at the NEC in November and its the bizzo. Ticks all the boxes for fit and comfort, can be a tad noisey iirc he said.

unusual as near every review ive seen on it says its above average for noise protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

I bought an XR1100 (previous model) when the air was released. Got it for a good price and it's a great helmet. I believe the GT Air is meant to be a good improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Noel on here has one. Looks well built and he is happy with it after coming from the shark vision r

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

I've had one for nearly 2 years.

Great helmet, can't fault it.

Extremely comfortable.

It's a quiet helmet, but you should really have earplugs if you want to protect your hearing long term (regardless of helmet).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Sounds good lads...thanks for replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

As wonda-boy and MR sheen said

I bought 1 when I was over at the NEC!!!

Rely is a good lid!!!

I had a shark vision R before it and when I start using the GT-Air difference was unreal! Just the quietness off it compare to the shark was good
    And how comfort it was!!

I was rely happy it got it
    It a rely super lid!!!!

dorannoel wrote: »
    As wonda-boy and MR sheen said

I bought 1 when I was over at the NEC!!!

Rely is a good lid!!!

I had a shark vision R before it and when I start using the GT-Air difference was unreal! Just the quietness off it compare to the shark was good
    And how comfort it was!!

I was rely happy it got it
    It a rely super lid!!!!

Ahh my bad noelious I taught you said the GT was a tad noisey....

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭dorannoel

Ahh my bad noelious I taught you said the GT was a tad noisey....

It not as noisey as the shark was!!!
    I think it could be the screen that I have on my bike at the moment make it a tad noisey (but it's still quite innuff)
    As last weekend when I was testing driving the triumph speed triple at Philip mc callen Open day it was grand and quite and their no screen on them!!!

• Advertisement

dorannoel wrote: »
    It not as noisey as the shark was!!!
    I think it could be the screen that I have on my bike at the moment make it a tad noisey (but it's still quite innuff)
    As last weekend when I was testing driving the triumph speed triple at Philip mc callen Open day it was grand and quite and their no screen on them!!!

Yeah thats what I said to you the screen on the new Tiger 1050 sport is mental narrow. The cut outs on the side of the screen is ridiculous, the screen should be the width of the nose cone more or less. Then the rider adjusts the height to suit.

Advertisement