Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second hand breast pump

Options
  • 14-04-2015 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping for some reassurance (should probably have done my research first!) have just bought a second hand medela freestyle as had been renting the hospital grade one until this week. I never even thought that there would be an issue but am now freaking out that the freestyle is single use not like the hospital grade one. Has anybody here bought a second hand pump? Any issues? Did u buy new tubing and membranes?
    Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

i already had the tubing and membranes which i had been given in hospital so i just used those.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://www.medelabreastfeedingus.com/tips-and-solutions/14/can-i-buy-or-borrow-a-pre-owned-breastpump .
    I used other peoples and they used mine and I sold one of mine on after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I bought a secondhand one on my daughter as they were almost €200 new. I had all the tubing etc from my old pup. I've always loaned mine to friends to save them the expense of buying one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

The medela is a closed circuit pump so no milk goes in to the actual pump. If you have your own tubing I wouldn't worry at all.

I bough my medela 2nd hand and I'm a midwife too if that's any reassurance!

Advertisement