Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living abroad: Is posting a letter the only way to close my bank account from here?

Options
  • 14-04-2015 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My name is Guilherme Cavalcante, a brazilian national that lived in Dublin from July (last year) to April. I'm a student bank account holder at Bank of Ireland, but had to leave the country by the beginning of the month and was not able to close it personally. What should I do now to finish my account? Is posting a letter from here really the only way to close it? And, if it is, how should I do? 

Thank you very much for everything.
    Looking forward for the comments.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

My name is Guilherme Cavalcante, a brazilian national that lived in Dublin from July (last year) to April. I'm a student bank account holder at Bank of Ireland, but had to leave the country by the beginning of the month and was not able to close it personally. What should I do now to finish my account? Is posting a letter from here really the only way to close it? And, if it is, how should I do? 

Thank you very much for everything.
    Looking forward for the comments.
    Hi Guilherme,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Boards.ie

To close your account, you will need to post a signed letter to your Bank of Ireland branch. Please see full list of branch postal addresses here

If there is a remaining balance on your account, we can either send it to you by bank draft or or electronic transfer to an account of your choice. Please note these details in your letter and also provide contact details in case the branch need to get in touch.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement