Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a fast sale on a house

Options
  • 14-04-2015 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

So basically i inherited a house from my mother a few years ago and the original plan was to get the finance to do it up and then move into a nice family house with my girlfriend.

I've had a bit of bad luck in the past year or so, lost my job due to butting heads with my manager and split up with my girlfriend so i've no need for a family home at the moment plus i'm pretty much broke.

I've decided to cut my losses and sell the house, it needs about 25/30k minimum put into it. The house is in Kingswood, Tallaght which is a nice enough area and i got a provisional valuation of about 200k which I'd probably jump at if offered.

Due to my financial plight i'm kinda of looking for a fast enough sale but wondering is it wise to let the estate agent know about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

Tell the EA you are "open to offers", that is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Also if this is your principal primary residence you can avoid capital gains tax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭xrp

So basically i inherited a house from my mother a few years ago and the original plan was to get the finance to do it up and then move into a nice family house with my girlfriend.

I've had a bit of bad luck in the past year or so, lost my job due to butting heads with my manager and split up with my girlfriend so i've no need for a family home at the moment plus i'm pretty much broke.

I've decided to cut my losses and sell the house, it needs about 25/30k minimum put into it. The house is in Kingswood, Tallaght which is a nice enough area and i got a provisional valuation of about 200k which I'd probably jump at if offered.

Due to my financial plight i'm kinda of looking for a fast enough sale but wondering is it wise to let the estate agent know about this?

Be careful. Someone in your position is an EA's dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Kingswood is a nice area..sorry I really have to laugh. Best of luck with your sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Would you not move into it and rent out the rooms? It would mean 12k a year tax free. If you sell it, you will still have to pay for rent elsewhere(if you make money from the sell of the house, you might lose some welfare benefits if you are on them). If you buy elsewhere eg a 1 bed apartment you will have to pay fees for the sale of your mothers house and legals fees for the new house

FYI dont tell the estate agent you are in a hurry to sell. They are going to go for an easy sale and sell it quick. Meaning you will probably get a lot less than you should for it. If an estate agent is half decent, they should have potential buyers lined up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Thanks for the replies. I'll make sure to be wary.

The reality is that the house has been left in a state that renting it out isn't a viable option. It needs to be modernised and I just don't have the finance to be able to do the house up.

And what's wrong with Kingswood? For an area in Tallaght it's very nice and pretty quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Tailor made for my tips thread :P

Get your ducks in a row. There are plenty of FTBs out there looking for property. It's the vendor that usually delays things.

Advertisement