Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OL maths points not counted in DCU?

• 14-04-2015 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Just looking at the entry requirements for DCU and I noticed that it said this in the prospectus:

"DCU does not award points for the subject of mathematics at Leaving Certificate Ordinary Level or Foundation Level."

I do ordinary level maths so let's say I got a B3 in Maths. Do the 35 points I earn from getting a B3 in OL maths not count towards my total points? Or is this statement talking about the extra 25 points that higher level students are rewarded? A little confusing, Id appreciate anyone shedding some light on this, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Are you sure it doesn't say 'Ordinary Alternative'? Ordinary Alternative Level is Foundation Level's predecessor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭bren2001

As addressed by Nim, the official wording is:

"The University does not award points for the subject of Mathematics (Leaving Certificate - Ordinary Alternative or Foundation Level)"

Ordinary math counts.

Advertisement