Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atletico Madrid vs. Real Madrid, 19:45, ITV1 and TV3

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Who's the co commentator on TV3, can't put his voice to a face even though I know it

Kevin Kilbane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Dreadful match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Arda turan strolling through the whole team....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Athletico having a good spell now.. game defo needs a goal to get a bit of life into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Glorious run from Turan, thought he was going to bury it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Woeful from koke tonight

The balance of this Real Madrid team just seems all wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Kroos is invisible, ain't surprised Bayern let him go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

These players have no respect for refs. I'd love to see red cards to get the respect back. It's embarassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Terrible match. If it was two English teams you would never hear the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sh1t on a stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is there no such thing as obstruction anymore? :pac:

Indirect free kicks in the box, remember them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

How was that not a body check?

So many stoppages. Bloody Spanish football.

Mario Suarez needs to get a haircut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Raf32 wrote: »
    Terrible match. If it was two English teams you would never hear the end of it.

What are you talking about?
    Its exciting. Cant take my eyes off it. Dont know what will happen next.

Sure it has loads of Passion, isnt that what the english game is famous for???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You know when I hear an English commentator saying that was not a foul on Torres I just gotta laugh. If he was playing for Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal or Liverpool and that happened in the Champion's league or against a smaller team in the Premier league they would be full on claiming it was a penalty and a poor decision by the referee.

Fudge You wrote: »
    What are you talking about?
    Its exciting. Cant take my eyes off it. Dont know what will happen next.

Sure it has loads of Passion, isnt that what the english game is famous for???

Last 20 have been good when athletico came into it. Rather forgettable game for me.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You know when I hear and English commentator saying that was not a foul on Torres I just gotta laugh. If he was playing for Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal or Liverpool and that happened in the Champion's league or against a smaller team in the Premier league they would be full on claiming it was a penalty and a poor decision by the referee.

I don't agree. Never a penalty no matter who is playing.

You know when I hear an English commentator saying that was not a foul on Torres I just gotta laugh. If he was playing for Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal or Liverpool and that happened in the Champion's league or against a smaller team in the Premier league they would be full on claiming it was a penalty and a poor decision by the referee.

Torres played for it. He could have gone round Ramos if he wanted to. He didn't.

• Advertisement

@hughlaurie: Real Falling Over v Atletico Falling Over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Clever defending, where one can commit a foul but be 90% sure it won't be given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

niallo27 wrote: »
    I don't agree. Never a penalty no matter who is playing.
    Kirby wrote: »
    Torres played for it. He could have gone round Ramos if he wanted to. He didn't.
    I'm not saying it was a penalty I'm just on about the commentators brushing it aside like they did and how it would be so different under the circumstances I gave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Kirby wrote: »

Half agree with you.

Torres wanted a peno, he did play for it.

But Ramos obstructed him.
    Definite indirect free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Jasus Simeone is some classless guy, he has that sort of attitude drilled right into his team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Casillas and Ramos screaming at their own team mates there after the final whistle to stop them walking off the pitch and go down and acknowledge the away support :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

RM should've won that match. Poor performance overall by Atleti but a 0-0 is fine by them I'm sure. If koke, turan and co. play a bit better they could nick a goal at the bernabeu and then it's game on.

I'm not saying it was a penalty I'm just on about the commentators brushing it aside like they did and how it would be so different under the circumstances I gave.

I know what your saying and I don't think it matters who is playing. No half decent commentator is going say its a pen no matter how biased they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

On the whole a draw seems a fair result. Slight advantage to Atleti - Real Madrid now have to score one more than them.

Madrid do look to be returning to form. Breaking down Atleti won't be easy. If Benzema had a bit more composure though Real would have won. On at least 3 occasions he had the ball in great positions and made a mess of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Another game where Madrid don't score away to Atletico, called it a mile away. Raging as I thought Atletico would have scored:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Benzema drifts in and out of form like no other. For parts of the season he is undoubtedly world class and for others he is a complete liability, should have had two tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

niallo27 wrote: »
    I know what your saying and I don't think it matters who is playing. No half decent commentator is going say its a pen no matter how biased they are.
    You've heard Andy Townsend commentate before, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Seriously I've so much hate for the english commentary.

Townsend on the Ronaldo FK in the FH, "it's handball those guys should be taking the ball in the chest or in the face"

Ramos catching Manzukic (sp) in the face "defenders have to protect themselves"

Nice hardman bollocks :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

While somewhat exiting on some level I thought it was a terrible game to watch. They were just hacking lumps out of each other. Sergio Ramos is a scumbag on the pitch. Refs need to cut this out or it won't end pretty. Reminded me why I gave up watching Spanish football especially big games like classicos. Really developing a dislike for Real Madrid.

Advertisement