Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iphone 4 wont charge; any advice?

• 14-04-2015 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

Hi! I have had an iPhone 4 for about 4-5 years..
    No problems at all..
    yesterday, i tried to charge her up and the apple icon comes on and then the phone turns off..
    It continues to do this..
    I have tried 3/4 different charging points, I have tried a system reset etc but no luck..

Any ideas re whats wrong?

If I need a new battery any advice where to get one at a good price in Dublin/ Dublin Northside?

I appreciate your advice!

A

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

How long did you leave it plugged in? I thought my 4s want charging one day but it did eventually start charging when I left it plugged in.
    Arequipa wrote: »
    Hi! I have had an iPhone 4 for about 4-5 years..
    No problems at all..
    yesterday, i tried to charge her up and the apple icon comes on and then the phone turns off..
    It continues to do this..
    I have tried 3/4 different charging points, I have tried a system reset etc but no luck..

Any ideas re whats wrong?

If I need a new battery any advice where to get one at a good price in Dublin/ Dublin Northside?

I appreciate your advice!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Arequipa

Hi! I have left it charging for up to an hour + and the same thing happens.. what you think?

Hi! Should I just order a new battery for my iPhone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you know how to change the battery in the phone?
    If not then best get it done in a shop (I don't know any in Dublin, someone else might).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Battery change on my iPhone 5 was relatively straight forward. Just buy a battery, couple of the right screwdrivers and a suction cup then follow a tutorial on YouTube. I would assume the 4 would be similar.

However, within the very first week of getting the my iPhone 5 I encountered the same problem. Turned out to be a faulty logic board which meant the phone had to be replaced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Does it still have it's original battery? If so then definitely get a replacement battery. You can get them on eBay fairly cheaply and there're loads of step by step guides online to swap it yourself.

Hey! Thanks for the replies! I went onto Amazon and ordered this battery..
    The pack includes the screwdrivers..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B5DW1WQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

I found a youtube page with a comprehensive summary of how to change the battery,,
    Apple charge €79 to change the battery and deliver the phone ..

I will give the new battery a go & if not I'll call into a shop...fingers crossed!

It has been an interesting social experiment having no mobile phone for a week; quite nice in some ways...I'm not checking stuff I don't really need to be checking!!

A

Advertisement