Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

astec 49dv battery fault

Options
  • 14-04-2015 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys,I need to change the battery in my system 49dv. I have the 12v 2.2ah battery but I want to stick the panel in engineer mode so it doesn't start sounding when I open up th e panel. Any ideas. I was full sure it was clear/fn and either 4711 or 1174 but neither are working.. confused... any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

gerwalsh27 wrote: »
    Hi guys,I need to change the battery in my system 49dv. I have the 12v 2.2ah battery but I want to stick the panel in engineer mode so it doesn't start sounding when I open up th e panel. Any ideas. I was full sure it was clear/fn and either 4711 or 1174 but neither are working.. confused... any help would be great.

The engineer code would of being changed.
    If the system is not eng locked you could do a default for these codes t work.

Either way when you open the system you can simply enter your user code to silence. Also when you down power the system completely the outside bell will go off for 20 minutes or if you are finished before this till you re enter your user code.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi Ger
    It is a fairly straightforward swap out. The main thing to watch with Astec systems is when you replace the battery make sure the leads are tucked behind the terminals on top of the battery so they are not caught behind the main PCB.
    I have seen panels catch fire due to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gerwalsh27

So you guys reckon just to do the swap our without the eng mode.. just to silence the sounder with my code and get the job done quick so the outside bell is not going off for 29 mins.

So you guys reckon just to do the swap our without the eng mode.. just to silence the sounder with my code and get the job done quick so the outside bell is not going off for 29 mins.

Yep, simple as. The external bell will ring for 20 minutes once the system has being down powered completely. That is if the battery is working in the outside bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 gerwalsh27

Perfect thanks guys.

• Advertisement

Perfect thanks guys.

No probs, any other questions let us know :)

Advertisement