Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TTs

• 14-04-2015 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Im sure loads in here do them.

Made my debut with TTs tonight there. 5 mile but no aero helmets, disc wheels or aero bars allowed. Finished with a time of 14.14. Don't know how everyone else went in my club but happy enough as it gives me a base to work from. Although I had loads left in the tank at the end so paced it all wrong!

Was in a rush to get there so I left my bloody garmin in the house and didn't know how far I had to go and most importantly didn't know what my heart rate was throughout. I have been using heart rate loads lately and it is really helping with pacing my rides. Also, my warm up was pathetic. I was looking to do a real good warm up and get the heart rate going before I was called to the line. But was a bit rushed so ****ed about with a half hearted warm up and then went to the line and took off.

Anyway, as usual learned loads tonight and will know better the next time. Im going to end up looking at TT bikes now aren't I!

Any standard or recommended warm ups for TTs?
    Is there a pacing strategy or just use heart rate to gauge how long I could go for? I would say a power meter would be great for it?
    Any good TT clip on bars that you recommend?

Sorry for all the stupid questions.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Pretty much pace all my TTs based on powermeter data. Know what I'm targeting and will break the TT down with auto lap kicking in every 4km. Over 16km/10 miles I usually see a hardish first 4km. Then power is slightly down in the 2nd and 3rd with a bit of a pick up in the 4th 4km segment as I try to give it all as I approach the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

I like this one for the warm-ups - I've no power meter, so I used that link and thought it was quite useful...
    http://coach.dancoy.com/archive/tt_warmup.html

...I found it worked quite well, and even the wife used it last year in the club league and did a great time on her first ever race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭rab!dmonkey

Here's Team Sky's TT warm up. It contradict's Andy's one in that it suggests some sprint efforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

I suppose I would have to find what works best for me when you see contradicting approaches. I really enjoyed last night but the next one is going to be aero bikes, wheels etc. I would be destroyed on my normal bike when the others are using TT bars etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭fran83

Where is this league based?l and is it a club league?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Jim Stynes wrote: »
    I would be destroyed on my normal bike when the others are using TT bars etc.
    But you will have better excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Does there be any open TTs for A4 level or is it just club leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

Based up around North Armagh. Just an intra club league consisting of 4 or 5 local clubs.

Thanks for the reply. Doesn't seem to be much leagues down south. I'd say they get a great turn out if there was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Cuchulainn CC have run a 4 round open league over the last few years in Dundalk.
    3x10 mile 1x25 mile. Very well run events and great fun if you love some pain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Does there be any open TTs for A4 level or is it just club leagues

NaasCC will be running an OpenTT on June 6th; A4s will be welcomed. A few other clubs will run similar events, usually June/July is the best time for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Good to hear. What distance will that A4 TT be and will there be CI upgrade points up for grabs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Good to hear. What distance will that A4 TT be and will there be CI upgrade points up for grabs?

Last year it was 20km

https://www.strava.com/activities/150492546

No points for TT's unless national championships or part of a stage race.

Last year it was 20km

https://www.strava.com/activities/150492546

No points for TT's unless national championships or part of a stage race.

There is a point to them. Not every1's cup of tea. I'd say if there was a regular league people might have more of an interest.

Advertisement